Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Worried about first test…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kirk

Hey guys, I take my first test Sunday 9/14. I wasn’t worried until now. About a week or two ago I cought a nasty chest infection. Before then I could take a heavy bag class, a lvl 1 class and do 30 min of Bass and I would be tired but good to go.

Last night I just took the lvl 1 class and I was coughing up a lung! I’m worried that my lungs haven’t fully recoved. How in the hell am I going to make it through 4 – 5 hours in the test.

What makes it even worse is that I am being held to a higher standard because I’m being sent to Phase A in November, plus add on top of that a new instructor/ General Manager will partially running the test.

I don’t want to make excuses, I’ve put so much time and effort and commitment to my training I really want to give it my all and leave my lungs out on the matt.

Should I keep training this week? Should I take it easy and hope that between now and Sunday my lungs heal up? :(: I feel like I am about to hit the panic button.

Thanks guys and gals!!

guitarded-1

Re: Worried about first test…

quote Kirk:

Hey guys, I take my first test Sunday 9/14. I wasn’t worried until now. About a week or two ago I cought a nasty chest infection. Before then I could take a heavy bag class, a lvl 1 class and do 30 min of Bass and I would be tired but good to go.

Last night I just took the lvl 1 class and I was coughing up a lung! I’m worried that my lungs haven’t fully recoved. How in the hell am I going to make it through 4 – 5 hours in the test.

What makes it even worse is that I am being held to a higher standard because I’m being sent to Phase A in November, plus add on top of that a new instructor/ General Manager will partially running the test.

I don’t want to make excuses, I’ve put so much time and effort and commitment to my training I really want to give it my all and leave my lungs out on the matt.

Should I keep training this week? Should I take it easy and hope that between now and Sunday my lungs heal up? :(: I feel like I am about to hit the panic button.

Thanks guys and gals!!

Hmmmmmmmm. You obviously need to make a judgment call soon. You might want to take another whack at training and then take a serious look at your condition. My experience is that a major chest infection takes weeks to fully recover from. Might also want to get some Mucinex and make sure that you clear everything out. As bad as it might suck to sit the test out, it would suck WAY worse to fail it because you didn’t listen to your body.

kirk

Re: Worried about first test…

Well just an update….

My body said maybe you should wait, my mind and wife said, “Stop being a @^$$!”. So I went to the test.

For awhile I felt like I was going to stop breathing, like i was having an asthma (sp) attack. I wasn’t quiting, so I fought through it with words of encouragment from my fellow testers and instructors and I lived to tell the story.

Needless to say I was very disappointed in my own performance knowing that I could do better, I could endure more, that my techniques could have been cleaner. I fully expected to fail and was ready to fight my way back to the next test.

On my birthday I received a call from our GM at my facility giving me the news….

I PASSED!!!!! I think a tear came to my eye! Now I need to get my lungs healthy again and get my ass back to training!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: