Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Wrisr release:Opposite -side hand

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    freelancer

I’m not quite getting the visual on this from the book (Complete Krav Maga) on page 73. Picture 1 and 2 don’t really show the movement.

Rotating to the “weak part of the grip” and using a “hitchhiking motion”; Am I correct in rotating the hand outside (counterclockwise for left hand) and pulling my arm towards my body?

Sorry, I know this is basic but I just wanted some clarification.

freelancer

Re: Wrisr release:Opposite -side hand

Really, no one?

nate

Basically you’re rotating your wrist to have your thumb to where their thumb / index finger grip meets.

So I think you’re right – rotate clockwise for your right wrist, and counter clockwise for left wrist.

freelancer

Thanks Nate that’s what I thought just wanted confirmation. Tried it with a guy here a work at little while ago.

Thanks again

mara-jade

You should know the pictures on those 2 techniques need to be on the opposite page from each other. Maybe that’s why you had trouble. I posted that awhile back. :wav:

See post #3
    http://kmforum.kravmaga.com/showthread.php?t=2608

freelancer

Ha! ok I gotcha. Thanks Mara… should have dug a little deeper.

mara-jade

Hey, it’s ok. One explanation doesn’t necessarily come across for everyone. The pictures being under the wrong technique could confuse definitely. I really like the book but I will say there have been techniques I look at the pictures and it’s only because I’ve done them before that I get them. I see like the first or last picture and go ‘OH, that one’. The book is great but seeing it live sometimes can clear up so much, you know?

I keep asking for that KM flip book but can you imagine how big it would berofl2

freelancer

I hear you there. Without having taken the level 1 classes I would have had a more difficult time. Especially things like bursting/footwork and seeing the explosiveness in the moves. The DVD set helps with that as well.

Not having been to a Krav class in almost 2 years, I’m really hoping to get to the seminar in Colorado for some good interaction and instruction.

Freelancer, when looking at all the wrist release techniques, the key point to think of is that you need to attack the thumbs of the person applying the grab with your wrist(s). The thumb is the weakest part of that person’s grip, so your defense will always take you in the direction of that weak spot. Hope that helps simplify a bit…

freelancer

quote fred_jennings:

Freelancer, when looking at all the wrist release techniques, the key point to think of is that you need to attack the thumbs of the person applying the grab with your wrist(s). The thumb is the weakest part of that person’s grip, so your defense will always take you in the direction of that weak spot. Hope that helps simplify a bit…

Actually Fred it does, thanks. The weak side of the grip is mentioned in the book and I was kind of testing it on my own hand and finally figured it out. I remeber a bit of this from level 1 but I only remeber going over a couple times.

Thanks again.thumbsup

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: