Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I have the basic yellow book and am going to be buying the complete volumes asap. I am not near any KM training center.

What are the best ones a beginner should work on from each of the yellow books ?

mara-jade

Re: Yellow KM Books

Just start at the beginning. Depending on the area you’re working on, I don’t know what you mean by ‘best ones from each of the yellow books’. If you plan to test for a belt at a center later, you’ll need to know level 1 first to advance. The other levels are nice to know but won’t help you on your test (assuming that’s your goal). Just be aware moves do change/get taken out/moved around periodically. I know for a fact some moves have changed since I started 7 years ago.

For those not knowing what ‘the yellow books are’
    Beginner
    http://www.amazon.com/Beginners-Step—Step-Easiest—Learn/dp/1569756619/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1301600466&sr=8-1

Complete
    http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Krav-Maga-Self-Defense-Techniques/dp/1569755736/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1301600466&sr=8-2

Black Belt
    http://www.amazon.com/Black-Belt-Krav-Maga-Techniques/dp/1569756678/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1301600466&sr=8-4

Hope this helps:wav:

ryan

MJ answered this thoroughly. My humble opinion is, the beginner book is best, though if you’re looking for weapons defenses, you won’t be happy with it.

mara-jade

quote Ryan:

MJ answered this thoroughly. My humble opinion is, the beginner book is best, though if you’re looking for weapons defenses, you won’t be happy with it.

Um, YEAH since they’re not til Level 4/5/6. Nothing to be unhappy about. Like what’s always been told to me-You gotta learn to walk before you can run. Folks that I’ve seen with NO foundation trying to do weapon defenses..good NIGHT. Enough said:beer:

Isn’t that foolish ? What if one of the students, he got attacked tomorrow or god forbid she got raped at knife or gunpoint ( for example ) and he or she wishes that he/she knew a knife or gun disarm to defend themselves from the bad guy(s) ?

I understand the rationale behind that but are you going to teach them a bit of everything while moving up each belt or level ?

ryan

If you can’t find someone unarmed, you damn sure can’t do it if they are armed.

My advice for weapon defense? Hit first. It’s also my advice for weapon retention, unarmed assault, third party protection, etc.

What if I teach them knife defense today and tomorrow they’re attacked with baseball bat or a dude that wrestled in high school takes them down? To me, this “argument” is a bit goofy.

ryan

Sorry, that should read “if you can’t FIGHT…”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: