Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Your held behind while he threatens person in front

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jjbklb

Last nights show Nakita showed a situation that could easily happen in real-life.

You are held from behind by perps left hand draped in front of you & over your left shoulder.Your being used as a shield while he holds his gun AT ARMS LENGTH pointing at someone in front of you to keep them from advancing.

You’re not being directly threatened.It’s the person in front of you.The gun,being at arms length is not easy for you to grab,especially with the perps left arm holding you against him.

———-

Best response??

clfmak

Re: Your held behind while he threatens person in front

quote jjbklb:

Last nights show Nakita showed a situation that could easily happen in real-life.

You are held from behind by perps left hand draped in front of you & over your left shoulder.Your being used as a shield while he holds his gun AT ARMS LENGTH pointing at someone in front of you to keep them from advancing.

You’re not being directly threatened.It’s the person in front of you.The gun,being at arms length is not easy for you to grab,especially with the perps left arm holding you against him.

———-

Best response??

If they’re behind you, seems like their hand shouldn’t be too far in front of you since your body is between their body and hand. If their arm is over your shoulder and the elbow is extended, it seems like they’re giving you a pump handle armbar, and the motion of turning the palm upward could also be used to redirect the line of fire. From there, you can snap the arm down as hard as possible, using your shoulder as a fulcrum to hyperextend the elbow, and yanking the weapon out of their hand. Then you could strike your way out and create space, aim and yell verbal commands. Of course, the larger discussion is when you should comply and when you should resist.

kmky

i would probably use the same defense as if the gun was held to my temple. we did this during our last gun seminar and i never had any difficulty reaching the gun since like CLFMak stated “since your body is between their body and hand”

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I’ll give this a shot. (pun intended)

I’d treat it like gun to the temple from behind – but the first part is a little different
    Right hand makes toy soldier like motion catching the muzzle between my thumb and forefinger (webbing)
    Simultaneously
    Left hand palm out makes wall at the rear of the weapon
    Right hand makes sharp right with the muzzle redirecting it from principle target

Then its

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BWy4-zPtic

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote KMKY:

i would probably use the same defense as if the gun was held to my temple. we did this during our last gun seminar and i never had any difficulty reaching the gun since like CLFMak stated “since your body is between their body and hand”

Sorry didn’t see your reply!

brentw

The defense is easier by not having to reach back and you have eyes on the weapon. Its harder because the gunman has a better chance to see your hand motions. Other than those, it is exactly the same as the hostage technique.

kmky

quote CJs Dad:

Sorry didn’t see your reply!

it’s nice to have a video to demonstrate.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote KMKY:

it’s nice to have a video to demonstrate.

Brent was nice enough to let me video him. They do come in handy.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: