Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Twisted my Knee and Kicked in the face Re: Twisted my Knee and Kicked in the face

rfc

Re: Twisted my Knee and Kicked in the face

Oh, sorry. I didn’t answer your question about training…

I was completely out of Krav for the first 2 weeks. After that, for another 2-3 weeks, I just did very light work (once or twice a week), avoiding everything that stressed the knee or might put it at risk. At the end of that time, I learned the stretching and exercise techniques and over the course of a couple more months, things naturally returned to normal -at which time, I resumed moderate/normal Krav workouts.

BTW: Some may disagree with my philosophy but for me and my bodily abilities, I no longer attack each Krav session with 100% intensity. I learned this about mid-way in level 2 after a couple injuries. If I happen to have a good partner on any given day, once in a while, I’ll go 100% on a few sets of moves to test the technique but for the most part, I keep it at 60-70%. For me, I believe the odds/probability will catch up to you if you go 100% all the time -and you will eventually get a 100% nasty injury.

I save my 100% output for my level tests and for (what I hope never happens) a real street encounter.

FYI: I’m a level 3 and weigh-in at 165. A physically fit friend of mine (weighing about 195) wanted to go 1-on-1 with me in semi-serious fashion, just for grins. At the gym he works at, we used the floor pads and went at it. -And I cleaned his clock three for three, each in about 10-20 seconds using only L1 techniques.

I believe, it’s not how hard you train… it’s how hard you try to train properly.

Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: