Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Hebrew text for a tattoo

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    nighteyes

Not sure if this belongs in here or the student lounge, but can anyone confirm that the Hebrew text below does actually say “Krav Maga” in Hebrew?

I’m seriously considering getting something similar to that if/when I pass my P1 grading. Oh and, Hi by the way. 😀

kmcat

Re: Hebrew text for a tattoo

FYI

From the link below:

quote :

… The prohibition of tattooing is found in the Torah: “You shall not make gashes in your flesh for the dead, or incise any marks on yourselves: I am the Lord” (Leviticus 19:28). …

http://www.myjewishlearning.com/practices/Ethics/Our_Bodies/Adorning_the_Body/Tattoos.shtml

The article goes on to say:

quote :

… In our day, the prohibition against all forms of tattooing regardless of their intent, should be maintained. In addition to the fact that Judaism has a long history of distaste for tattoos, …
    saruotoko

quote KMCat:

True enough….but not everyone that studies Krav is of the Jewish faith and we should be respectful of others. Beyond that, I do know several Jewish people that have tattoo’s……

I hope someone who can translate Hebrew will answer his question.

Peace,

Mario

nighteyes

I did a lot of research last night into the Hebrew Alphabet and am pretty certain that is what it says. Hebrew is an abjad: Almost no vowels in its alphabet. Krav Maga is one of the exceptions though. The ‘first’ letter you see is actually the ‘a’ of Maga. Hebrew is, apparently, read backwards.

So, reading from right to left, the first letter is a K, then an R, then a V for Krav; the next word is formed with the M, then the G, and finally one of the few letters that can be used to symbolise a vowel as the final A. Like below:

– A — G — M —- V — R — K

don

I think if I were to get a KM tat, it would probably be something along the lines of the circle KM logo… :):

nighteyes

quote Don:

I think if I were to get a KM tat, it would probably be something along the lines of the circle K…

Dude, strange things are afoot at the circle K… 😉

Actually, that’s not a bad idea, just having the K and the M. Also, I was thinking if I was to have all six letters, I could have just one letter done to mark every grade I pass. All six would take me to Graduate/Instructor level… :Unsure:

don

quote Nighteyes:

Dude, strange things are afoot at the circle K… 😉

Actually, that’s not a bad idea, just having the K and the M. Also, I was thinking if I was to have all six letters, I could have just one letter done to mark every grade I pass. All six would take me to Graduate/Instructor level… :Unsure:

hahahaha rofl2

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

La Revs got it on his leg – Christian do you have the writing as well?

smokelaw1

As a Krav studying Jew with tattoos (that sounds like intentional rhyming, but it was not), I intend to get the logo when (IF) I get my black belt. I was thinking I’d get it at brown, but I think that with the ultimate goal being black…I should wait for it. Then again, I just want more ink.

PS- I am not POSITIVE, but that spelling looks good. If you still need the help, shoot me a PM, and I’ll double check with an Israeli I know that would be very sure.

nighteyes

I may just go for the letters K and M. I’m bored at work and just sketched this on a notebook:

kmman

I was going to get the chinese characters for Jeet Kune Do….good thing I did not because I later found Krav Maga……although I think the philosophies of both a very similar.

nighteyes

Here’s what I’ve done so far. 🙂

kmman

That’s actually pretty cool

imike

The spelling is correct in Hebrew, but why would you want a tattoo that no one can read? 😀

kmcat

quote iMike:

The spelling is correct in Hebrew, but why would you want a tattoo that no one can read? 😀

I’ve seen way too many tattoos I can’t read, and don’t in fact want to….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: