jsf

Re: Martial Art top 10 list.

TKD and kung fu are way too high.

A distinction should be made from sports and self-defence though. In ANY topic like this.

My background is more BJJ, and have been taking some Aiki jiu-jitsu classes (cuz there’s free classes in the basement of our building). A lot of the techniques I personally (secretly… cuz I don’t want to offend anyone, and am trying to keep and open mind) find useless in real combat. When people in my BJJ class found out, they ridiculed me.

What I find useful in Aiki jiujitsu is learning the wrist control, finger manipulation, pressure points. Using that stuff is illegal in BJJ competition, so it doesn’t transfer over.

But if I was being choked on the street, I know some “BJJ-illegal” techniques that can break the hold.

I’ve also used some pressure points “accidentally” in BJJ (in wrestling it’s called “Jonesing”) to break posture and such, or get people to make a move at times. And I got the best armbars and kimuras and keylocks in the class, because I also manipulate the wrist, by grabbing the hand, which is something I learned outside of BJJ.

Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: