kirsten

Re: Krav Maga and Chronic Illness

My sister in law has lupus, and when she decided to start training for a marathon, she kicked her lupus into overdrive. She was warned by her doctor to not train so heavily as this could likley happen (or even work full time, but she is pretty tough). As you know, it can cause some very serious conditions with your body stemming from the lupus. The worst of it is the side effects from the medication that was needed to treat the symptoms resulting from the flare up… She has had a very difficult time and I think regrets the hard training now.

Like guitarded_1 said consult your doctor first, then slowly go at classes once you have a release. I would recommend not going “full tilt boogie” at first and start with just one or two classes a week to get your body used to it.

As for if its the right system, you won’t find anyone here advocating against it. Krav Maga is the “nuts and bolts” of self defense. It’s everything most of us wanted to learn when we joined traditional martial arts, then found Krav Maga.

We all are passionate about Krav Maga and will support you any way we can if you decide to begin training. You won’t be short of advice here. 🙂

Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: