Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Advanced Krav Maga – David Kahn is out..

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    rick-prado

Re: Advanced Krav Maga – David Kahn is out..

quote FJS:

I never stated anything about simply combatives and or referenced Kicks etc. Are you talking about something David wrote because I do not see your point toward what I posted? Let me know. but if you are trying to show your reaing comp level or you skill in expertise in Krav, great, thanks.

I was not quoting you, which I thought was relatively obvious. Next time I will use the quote button to be more specific.

rick-prado

quote Relli Kant:

I think Plantman was referring to what I wrote, not FJS. I just meant to say that I was surprised to see things like inside defenses in the advanced book, since those are one of the first techniques one learns in level 1 and might have fit better into a beginners book. At least, that’s what I thought. Maybe I had some wrong expectations, but I was hoping this one would deal with weapons scenarios, so, in that regard, I was a bit disappointed.

Whether or not you are at beginner level or expert, you still have to block, do you not? That said, the book does not deal with inside defenses on a beginner level.

You are not shown how to defend straight punches(or others for that matter) without an offensive attack(s), or retsev. There are traps off of punches that lead into chokes, arm bars. etc

Example:

You will see an “inside sliding parry against a straight punch while stepping off the line”. Then you will see the same off a straight rear punch, that is followed by a trap of the arm, a knee to the groin followed by collar choke.

That is not beginner material.

Most of the illustrations that do show a defense to an attack, are immediately followed by multiple counter attacks, to overwhelm and nuetralize your opponent, which is the key component of Krav Maga.

fjs

No worries. I know david is working on a weapons specific book. the issue here being that; the Bad guys read these books also so you need to be careful of what you put out.

relli-kant

Okay, I’ll take another look at it next time I’m at Barnes and Nobles.

rick-prado

quote FJS:

No worries. I know david is working on a weapons specific book. the issue here being that; the Bad guys read these books also so you need to be careful of what you put out.

No doubt. My instructor, who was David’s first, recently told me of a story where they found some Krav Maga reading material in some “undesireable” places. While I am sure they look/train in other methods, not too many other mainstream systems are putting weapons defenses into their curriculum.

No hand grenade disarms in any TKD books that I have seen.

fjs

Please give your instructor my regards. I have yet to meet him but have heard nothing but great things of him. I hope he comes here with to visit with David soon. Please do not get me started on TKD!!! My wife and 9 yr old daughter are both blackbelts in TDK. I will leave it at this; Great Sport and Art. My best to you Plantman.

s

quote Plantman:

No doubt. My instructor, who was David’s first, recently told me of a story where they found some Krav Maga reading material in some “undesireable” places. While I am sure they look/train in other methods, not too many other mainstream systems are putting weapons defenses into their curriculum.

No hand grenade disarms in any TKD books that I have seen.

rick-prado

quote FJS:

Please give your instructor my regards. I have yet to meet him but have heard nothing but great things of him. I hope he comes here with to visit with David soon. Please do not get me started on TKD!!! My wife and 9 yr old daughter are both blackbelts in TDK. I will leave it at this; Great Sport and Art. My best to you Plantman.

s

Send me a PM with your info and I will pass it along. Kinda hard to give him regards from someone I don’t know. Lol!

or email to:

[email protected]

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: