Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Personal Gear Discussion Advice on Heavy Bag @ Home for Training?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    don

Re: Advice on Heavy Bag @ Home for Training?

Thanks CN. Have fun training!

Ok, sorry…one last question. Anyone have experience with freestanding bags like the Wavemaster? Seems like these would be cleaner, etc.

http://www.ultimate-mma-equipment.com/free-standing-punching-bags.html

bear34

quote Caniac Nation:

Ok, sorry…one last question. Anyone have experience with freestanding bags like the Wavemaster? Seems like these would be cleaner, etc.

http://www.ultimate-mma-equipment.com/free-standing-punching-bags.html

I prefer the wavemaster myself. They are much easier on the hands and feet as they are considerably softer. However,keep your location in mind as moving them around can be hell on your floors. Have you considered BOB?

http://www.amazon.com/Century-BOB-XL-Base-Unit/dp/B003QOHSLQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344784466&sr=8-1&keywords=bob+punching+dummy

quote bear34:

I prefer the wavemaster myself. They are much easier on the hands and feet as they are considerably softer. However,keep your location in mind as moving them around can be hell on your floors. Have you considered BOB?

http://www.amazon.com/Century-BOB-XL-Base-Unit/dp/B003QOHSLQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344784466&sr=8-1&keywords=bob+punching+dummy

The Bob is interesting, but I want to be able to do low sidekicks as well as straight punching. The biggest complaints I’ve read about the Wavemaster are: 1) It moves when you hit it, even when filled with sand; and 2) It’s too soft. I want something that I can forecefully move into and out of a corner of the garage when I want to use it, but stable enough to sustain punches and not move around or tip. As far as the softness, I want something that is soft enough to kick, but hard enough to help develop more punch force. Something more firm than a pillow or foam. I hit/kicked against the heavy UFC bag at my local YMCA and it was great for punching but kicking it was like kicking a cement block at the bottom.

It sounds like since I require frequent base movement and have limited garage space, there is no great solution for me. I am determined to try to make a frame hanging muay thai bag work but we’ll see. To be continued….:(:. Thanks again for all input!

bear34

quote Caniac Nation:

The Bob is interesting, but I want to be able to do low sidekicks as well as straight punching. The biggest complaints I’ve read about the Wavemaster are: 1) It moves when you hit it, even when filled with sand; and 2) It’s too soft. I want something that I can forecefully move into and out of a corner of the garage when I want to use it, but stable enough to sustain punches and not move around or tip. As far as the softness, I want something that is soft enough to kick, but hard enough to help develop more punch force. Something more firm than a pillow or foam. I hit/kicked against the heavy UFC bag at my local YMCA and it was great for punching but kicking it was like kicking a cement block at the bottom.

It sounds like since I require frequent base movement and have limited garage space, there is no great solution for me. I am determined to try to make a frame hanging muay thai bag work but we’ll see. To be continued….:(:. Thanks again for all input!

I will disagree on the Wavemaster. I think it is stable enough and I have gotten to the point where I avoid the XL MT bags like the plague. The ones in our gym are stuffed to the point they are like hitting and kicking a tree. If I ever get the room I will get a Glideboxx(or build one).

catapult

quote Caniac Nation:

stable enough to sustain punches and not move around or tip

Tipping over is bad of course but the bag moving around when you hit it is a good thing. People don’t stand still and let you hit them in a fight — they bob, weave, shuffle, etc. I’ve only hit a Wavemaster (I think it was an XL) a couple of times but I liked it.

don

+1 Bear! I would love to have a Glideboxx set up!

t-krav

Not to resurrect a dead thread but after much deliberation, etc I decided to get a Century Bob xl. Picked up a like-new one from Craigslist for half price this weekend. I should have little more space in the garage than I thought so I’m probably going to also get a bag on a free-standing stand to supplement the Bob for more kicking, etc.:):

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote Don:

+1 Bear! I would love to have a Glideboxx set up!

The ultimate footwork drill!

childish-amg

I was wondering the same thing? I use “Wrist Wraps” for lifting weights. Perhaps I should start wrapping my hands?:dunno:

sonia
    Blocked

Due to these same reasons, I am going to use Glideboxx set up!
    That is best than heavy bag…

johnsteves
    Blocked

Advice on Heavy Bag @ Home for Training?

Thanks for Advice The services of different agencies delivering employment solutions through recruitment training are the crying needs of the day. Some expert organizations are there in the USA to customize the recruitment training solutions. The optional online exam has 100 questions, 220 potential points, and no multiple choices.

sonia
    Blocked

quote :

quote sonia:

Due to these same reasons, I am going to use Glideboxx set up!
    That is best than heavy bag…

http://www.cheapcarhireguide.com/top-car-hire-locations/car-hire-northampton.html
    https://www.southsmoke.com/

kmyoshi

Looking for a heavy bag stand as well… the one you have Don looks pretty nice. Everlast and a lot of other brands have those annoying supports right where you’re suppose to stand. How are you suppose to train how to get off line properly?!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: