Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    michael

Re: Airsoft

The slide recoils so fast that if you do not have hold of it before the pistol is fired, it will have already cycled before you can grab it. This is provided the trigger has been pulled, of course. If you grab the slide before the trigger is pulled, then one round will fire and the slide will not cycle. If your hand is not over the muzzle and the muzzle is averted away from your body, you will not feel much at all, other than possibly a little concussion from the escaping hot gases out of the end of the barrel. That is not enough to burn you, unless your hand is directly over the muzzle.

As far as Airsoft goes, the same thing applies, though without the gases and muzzle blast.

unstpabl1

quote Jan Sabo:

Question – a pistol with a recoiling slide

Does anyone have experience in practicing pistol disarming with a pistol with a recoiling slide? I haven’t taken a gun disarming class yet, but from watching the Line of Fire video I wonder how it would feel to try to clasp and hold on to the barrel of a pistol when it is fired.

Are there any (electric/gas/spring) airsoft pistols that have a realistically powerful recoiling slide? Or would a real pistol with blanks be the only option how to simulate this?

I think a few years back some forum guys took a gun to the range.. They did the gun grab but off line. The reasoning was to see how it stacked and if they could hold it hot. I don’t remember who

unstpabl1

quote unstpabl1:

I think a few years back some forum guys took a gun to the range.. They did the gun grab but off line. The reasoning was to see how it stacked and if they could hold it hot. I don’t remember who

Sorry I forgot to finish this up. Thank you for the PM:beer:. I don’t remember who they were. I’m pretty sure they were instructors and had extensive firearm expirience. I’m not recommending it or condoning it. You may be able to do a search here. Though I know some threads have been lost

I don’t know what I remember. But I think the concensus of the expiriment was that on autos it jammed the second shot and it was hot but managable,especially if you added true fear. . I think the noise reflex was an issue. Don’t really know what to search under nor how accurate I am on this.I read a few forums regularly and am aging

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote unstpabl1:

I think it was either BrentW or Stafford or both

unstpabl1

quote CJs Dad:

I think it was either BrentW or Stafford or both

If it was Jeremy maybe he’ll see this and correct my recollections. That be pretty cool

dkatman

quote unstpabl1:

Sorry I forgot to finish this up. Thank you for the PM:beer:. I don’t remember who they were. I’m pretty sure they were instructors and had extensive firearm expirience. I’m not recommending it or condoning it. You may be able to do a search here. Though I know some threads have been lost

I don’t know what I remember. But I think the concensus of the expiriment was that on autos it jammed the second shot and it was hot but managable,especially if you added true fear. . I think the noise reflex was an issue. Don’t really know what to search under nor how accurate I am on this.I read a few forums regularly and am aging

This was discussed very recently in the most recent post about Gun defense.

It was both Jeremy and Brent. I think someone else also discussed it and someone posted a link to a video of someone grabbing a gun:

http://kmforum.kravmaga.com/showthread.php?t=2676

Dave

unstpabl1

quote DKatman:

This was discussed very recently in the most recent post about Gun defense.

It was both Jeremy and Brent. I think someone else also discussed it and someone posted a link to a video of someone grabbing a gun:

http://kmforum.kravmaga.com/showthread.php?t=2676

Dave

I wasn’t that bad on remembering that one. Thats why I’m allowed to post here by CJ’s Dad, Every 1200 posts I get one right:chair:

David not only do your posts crack me up, but they always have value. Great find. Thank you

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: