Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Another anti-Krav Video

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    armitage

🙄

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7107762519414136368&q=krav+maga

I love the way the guy uses MMA as an example of \”real fighting\”, and ties in some clips of people practising techniques at slow speeds to show that it \”doesn’t work\” (because hey, you should practise at 100% speed from day 1 right? 😉 )

mayhem

hey that mark kerry is a hell of a fighter

johnwhitman

The people in the video are not doing Krav Maga.

chris

The piss-poor grammar destroyed any credible argument they could have made and I gave up on the video quickly. The one sound point they made is that IF you train without making contact, you won’t fight effectively in a real fight (i.e. pulling punches) but after that, it’s like a mentally challenged 7th grader made the whole piece.

g-v

I hate google videos. They take forever to load, and play crappy.

\”Wow, why didn’t Coleman get taken out by a stike to the larynx or a groin kick?\”

Uhhh, maybe because that’s not allowed in the UFC? Duh!!!!!

The video doesn’t hold any clout… there is not any suportive information to basis his findings… If he wanted to speak about MMA and the UFC… all we need to speak about is BAS RUTTEN…

ginger

I really don’t like all the negative reaction towards Krav Maga. Other MMA message boards (Sherdog etc) have many users that talk smack regrding Krav. Why can’t they accept it as a viable way of self defense?

As for the video, like John said, wasn’t Krav Maga. I get the feeling that they use Krav as an example because it seems to have a higher profile, at present, than other RBSD.

What I thought was funny was how they asked why MMA fighter ____ wasn’t killed with strikes to the throat, groin etc….uh UFC is a sport, Krav Maga is not. The video seems to not grasp that concept and unfortuately I’m sure others who view the video, many ignorant of the martial arts, will see Krav as a waste of time. That’s the shame of it!

psyops

Typical!

This is typical MMA bullshit! They believe that what happens in the ring translates to the street. It doesn’t! They believe that they are the supreme beings of combat. They are wrong of course but this is clearly the attitude. I take it as a compliment. MMA, BBJ and other systems are easily forgotten because there are too many of those schools popping up now. Krav Maga maintains a unique position because we are a self defense system.

When the MMA types start jabbering they do so because they are insecure. This is partly our fault though. We are alligned with Bas and because he is a living legend in MMA the chatter will always be a part of the equation.

greenbeanie

I find it interesting that some individuals cannot delineate between an actual no-holds-barred fighting for your life self-defense system and a pseudo-no-holds-barred sporting event with rules.

g-v

Ya know what, it’s a two-way street. For instance, I’ve heard tons about how mma doesn’t translate to the street. Uhhh, why? Because they don’t train to target the crotch and gouge out eyes? Come on. Those guys know how to punch you in the face, hard. They know how to duck and weave, and how to take your leg out of a fight. That works well enough on the street.

Too much chauvinism on both sides, methinks.

whatever

If they hate so much KM, why they are selling unoficially the KM DVD on their site?

http://sus.univ.szczecin.pl/~maciejs/opisy/kravmaga.html

http://www.itf.vrp.pl

g-v

I sense a polish joke coming on. 😆

whatever

How funny is, those who makes funny videos – also missleading not only funny – about KM, also selling them. As you can see, they sell the full KM video about 50 zloty, equal to 15 usd.

Is that fair?

anonymous

Are those bootlegged copies? Picture quality is terrible…

kravmdjeff

Re:

quote \”G.V.\:

Ya know what, it’s a two-way street. For instance, I’ve heard tons about how mma doesn’t translate to the street. Uhhh, why? Because they don’t train to target the crotch and gouge out eyes? Come on. Those guys know how to punch you in the face, hard. They know how to duck and weave, and how to take your leg out of a fight. That works well enough on the street.

Too much chauvinism on both sides, methinks.

They don’t know how to use their environment to create reactionary gaps and obstructions

They don’t know how to deal with multiple attackers

They don’t know how to deal with weapons

They don’t know how to defend against bites, eye gouges

An MMA fighter generally doesn’t go against someone 100 lbs heavier and stronger

They don’t train to disengage as soon as possible and get help, or transition to a different weapons system (for LEO/military)

They don’t train situational awareness

They don’t work on verbal de-escalation.

They don’t know how to deal with 3rd party protection.

They don’t talk about the legal and ethical implications of self-defense.

Other than that, I’m sure it works great on the street!

In all seriousness..no one said it has ZERO translation to the street. But compared to Krav?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: