Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    karlhungus

As for complying to the mugger, it isn’t always a safe bet.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=577&e=1&u=/nm/20050729/sp_nm/nfl_mcdougle_dc

McDougle from the Eagles was shot in the stomach while complying to some muggers in Miami.

guerriere

Hey GK! I took some time off to write a book and get fat. I’m finished with the book and back to KM again.

Would multiple defenders in a drill in essence be third-party protection, since the first person who defends wouldn’t need the others’ help unless they got into trouble?

anonymous

Hope your wallet will get fat, too, once your book has been published. What is it about and when is it coming out? Will they have it at Barnes and Nobles, where I can read it for free at the store? I know, I know, I’m sooooooo cheap!!! 😉 😆

Yes, it’s basically third party protection. We work on that sometimes in higher levels. When we practice this the gun is usually pointed at another person next to the defender and then the defender jumps in, redirects the weapon, counters and disarms. You should also push the victim out of the way once you’ve made the disarm and are backing off.

guerriere

It’s an instructor’s manual for a textbook publisher. Not for public consumption, unfortunately. Not well-paying either. They’ll put part of it online for students, so I suppose it’s somewhat \”published.\”

Krav is much more fun and practical. I’m just getting back into L2 so I haven’t even done gun disarms for one person, but after seeing that video I can imagine that someone who knows even a little krav could think on their feet better than someone with no krav.

ffdo

Third party protection is very interesting. If you are the middle of three people redirecting to either side can endanger someone next to you there is also a technique for redirecting upwards and into the face of the attacker. It is not as quick as redirecting to the side and you still need to practice moving your head/body to the left or right while you do it and it takes both hands to redirect. Thus your counter combative needs to be either a knee or, a squeeze of the attackers trigger once it is pointed in an ‘appropriate’ direction….

JC

anonymous

An instructor’s manual for a textbook publisher? You mean a textbook on how to write a textbook? I don’t believe I’ve ever heard of such a thing. 😉

guerriere

heh heh noooo it’s lecture outlines, test questions, suggestions for supplements and the like. Basically all the tedious time-consuming unpleasant stuff in teaching without any of the fun.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: