Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    blindfold

The question came up to at the end of class and I figure this would be a good place to ask it.

What level testing do they do background checks for?

I had never given it any thought but, a guy in class was talking about going to another school to do a level testing and someone asked him and he didn’t know.

I assumed that they would check at the Lvl 5 ,but who knows.

I don’t know what would disqualify a person from being allowed to defend themselves, assuming that they are trying to protect themselves.

I will pass along any useful info. Thanks

kravjeff

I’ve never heard of such a thing, but assume it may have to do with LE (law enforcement) techniques …

Will be interested in the answer too!

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I know they did it to everyone before we started phase A but I haddn’t heard of it for regular students?

blindfold

I have never heard of it either and assumed that it was more drawn toward the LE instrucotr portions.

The guy who asked has stated previously about his past of \”bar room brawling\” and I just figured that he may have gotten in trouble for that at some point.

If they do background checks @ instructor testings does that mean he couldn’t become an instructor or is it based on the nature of the offense.

I also hadn’t given any thought to the idea, until it was brought up.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I would assume they would want to find out things like if a person was a felon and had committed serious crimes rape/child abuse etc.

kravjeff

Re:

quote \”CJs Dad\:

I would assume they would want to find out things like if a person was a felon and had committed serious crimes rape/child abuse etc.

Agreee … Appropriate for anyone in that type of position. I’ve been through numerous checks for caoching my kids teams, den leader for Scouts, etc … (Passed BTW 😉 )

Blindfold – You say \”Bar room brawling\” with such a negative connotation 😉

Lots of us were idiots in past lives – It’s nice to grow up, though I fought it all the way!!!

giant-killer

I think bar room brawling should qualify you for instructor training, some real life experience, maybe better than knowing a bit of Judo or some other martial art. 🙂

I’ve never heard of background checks. I don’t think it should be done for students, not even teachers, unless they want to become law enforcement instructors. Think about it, in prison you’ll need all the self-defense training you can get… 😉

blindfold

I don’t have any problem with on the job training. I have partnered with this person on several occasions and we get along great.

I was just thinking about what felony would disqualify a person. All of them or only certain crimes. I’m fairly certain most people have had their share of stupidity moments and done things they have come to regret. Does that mean that they would not become a responsible and great instructor, after learning from moments of poor judgement.

As you can see I have given this some thought. I to have done the coach, volunteer, instructor thing. I have luckily passed my background checks as well. They just haven’t found me yet. 8)

mara-jade

Background checks? That’s news to me too but makes sense for law enforcement techniques 🙂

kravjeff

Re:

quote \”blindfold\:

As you can see I have given this some thought. I to have done the coach, volunteer, instructor thing. I have luckily passed my background checks as well. They just haven’t found me yet. 8)

😆

I agree that many will grow out fo their stupidity (speaking from experience) but do think it’s appropriate at times.

Perhaps, if the KMWW does enforce this, they don’t require their schools to do the same. In this scenario, there is no concern about a certified instructor teaching anywhere, where he (or she) could be a potential danger. For example, a conviction on child related crimes should preclude one from running a kids class …

$0.02

blindfold

I definitely agree with the child crimes issues. I volunteered for about 10 years working with kids and homeless families. Funny enough I was teaching anger management, just to help people deal with being in a bad situation and having to work through it and not take it out on people.

I also know of several people who are good people, now. They were at one point in time a criminal and incarcerated. Whether that determines the rest of their life or not is something to be determined, by the way they grow from the experience or if they just let it make them even worse.

Someone told me once that people in jail either grow into better people or into a bigger criminal.

unstpabl1

👿 I wanna teach anger mgt, but NO ONE WILL FRIKKEN LET ME 😡 aND ITS REALLY STARTING TO PISS ME OFF 😈

Did I mention I was thinking of taking up yoga 🙂 I wanna make it a full contact sport 😆

Sorry, been sick all week. feeling better today, but bored. Who better to take it out on than you guys

giant-killer

Dude, you got issues… 😕 😆

unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”Giant Killer\:

Dude, you got issues… 😕 😆

Thats what they told me at the yoga class 😯 Did you know putting a RNC on a hippie chick, doing baby pose is frowned upon? 😕 I kept telling them not to expose their back, but they wouldn’t listen. I don’t think I’m gonna be very successful in making yoga Full contact. The restraining order from all things yogic and the ankle bracelet are a huge hurdle. Maybe its a good thing cause the yoga people were kinda lazy. They were taking naps every 5 minutes or so and they talk to themselves alot. 😆

I really tried to fit in. I even dressed the part. I noticed they were always wearing Peace Tshirts, so I wore mine as well. It said, \”PEACE, Through Superior Fire Power! I don’t know what the hell they were so upset about 😉 😈

vwr32

Re:

quote \”unstpabl1\:

I don’t think I’m gonna be very successful in making yoga Full contact.

Don’t give up too soon…
    http://yogavita.wordpress.com/2007/07/20/33/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: