Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    maddogmean

Re: Bad Sparring

quote kravandy:

That is some nonsense. If your partner is unwilling to respect your intensity comfort level, and the instructor doesn’t do a thing, don’t spar with that guy despite any pressure you might get to do otherwise. Unless there is a full and mutual understanding that sparring is to be full intensity it is unacceptable to do so. Good fight instructors I have had permanently kick students out of the class if they go too hard after either being asked by their partner or warned by the instructor to tone it down. A core principal of Krav Maga is to go home safe, and while definite risks are inherent with training in general, deliberately creating a dangerous training environment is bull****.:angry:

We were all paired up and sparring at the same time. The instructor was helping some others out, so he didn’t see what was going down. When. He did walk by I asked him about the intensity level. He confirmed “go light”.

cearball

Re: Bad Sparring

Here is a question.

Should you train at a KM club that doesn’t spar or do live resistance drills?

I am thinking of taking up either Judo as well as Krav.

or Kudo & dropping Krav because of no live resistance drills.

We primarily do technique drills & fitness.

I cannot do full contact striking anyway due to a previous facial injury, but we dont do grappling orientated sparring or live drills like someone tries to hold you down with 100% resistance & you try to escape either.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: