Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Bas breaking down Krav gun defenses.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    giant-killer

Re: Bas breaking down Krav gun defenses.

Sounds like “Human Weapon”.

cmetalman

Yeah , Athena was a human weapon but had the sweetest personality , she’d kick you ass then ask you if your ok,

scholl34

Yes….i was the program director and head instructor in the Philly school for the last year it was open. Ernie was my teacher and I did train with stephen, greta, alethea, david scott and many others…Unfortunately the school closed down but i still train at work with some co workers and try to keep up with everything. I also train jiujitsu on the side and have been doing so since before i started training krav maga

cmetalman

scholl34, I did go to the one on 9th and washington ave. couple of times when they first opened up. I found going to kenneth was easier since I live in delaware county. I used to go four to five times a week plus evey “saturday seminar” Ernie had krav was a big mental rush for me but my body couldn’t keep up, what really killed me was the one where you stack around four tombstones on top of each other and you have to run jump over do a front roll and back breakfall, I was around 42 years old then didn’t do the body good.

scholl34

Yeah we had alot of crazy drills….i never administered the one you are speaking of but ernie is famous for his crazy drills. The Philly school was a great place to train because everyone involved really believed in krav maga and had their own real world experience to add to their instruction. I personally have worked as the security director for numerous Philadelphia nightclubs and now am involved in law enforcement. I was able to teach about situations I had found myself in in real life as opposed to other instructors that speculate what could happen or would happen. I think that brought a certain reality to our training and I modeled many of my drills after my real life encounters. Our students had fun training and learned alot, its ashame we had to close cause I miss teaching.

giant-killer

Why did they have to close?

cmetalman

I really was addicted to krav, hope it comes back “NEAR” here just turned 48 in nov. feeling pretty healthy I still do the bas tapes been lifting weights, just got the famous “Bob” bag, weight less now then I did at 42. I would try again but only do what the body can.

scholl34

its a long story about why we closed but the long and short of it was the school wasnt making money….anyway…ernie still has two schools..one in kennett square and one in glenn mills. The glenn mills one isnt far from you if your in delaware county because i live there and its about 25 mins from me tops…. the school is beautiful.

cmetalman

scholl34, thanks for the info , I googled Ernie Kirk got his website ,I’ll stop by there sometime soon to check it out , wouldn’t be able to really do anything until my daughter has her baby in march ,( being a groundfather at 48 don’t know what to expect). I’m curious to see if anyone I knew is still there.

bradm

“,( being a groundfather at 48 don’t know what to expect). ”

You can expect to have the child for a day, spoil him/her rotten, then give ’em back to their parents. But, when they come back to your house you can expect them to be perfect little angels. (So you can spoil them again) My wife and I are pros since between us we have 16 grandchildren.

Kidding aside, congradulations you will really enjoy that grandchild.

cmetalman

BradM, thanks , I only have one child and she’s 22 years old I still see her as a child and finding out I’m going to be a groundfather at 48,I just turned 48 in nov. freaked me out , now I’m excited, congradulations on your 16 grandchildren.

gwalsh-d92

quote cmetalman:

I’m curious to see if anyone I knew is still there.

Ernie and Steven are still teaching in Glen Mills. Alex teaches in Kennet Square. Jason still makes guest appearances now and then. Athena, Ernie and myself just did a woman’s self defence seminar on Saturday, I love training with her.
    It sounds like you and I may have briefly overlapped, I started at the West Chester school in 2003 under Jason. Stop by Glen Mills and say hi.

Gerry Walsh

cmetalman

gwaslsh, so you were one of Jason’s disciples? Ernie knew me as “smiley mike” .

cmetalman

gwalsh, sorry for misspelling your name.

gwalsh-d92

quote cmetalman:

gwaslsh, so you were one of Jason’s disciples? Ernie knew me as “smiley mike” .

old school:

http://www.thevalkyries.com/KravMaga.htm

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: