Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    justinlowe

I have just started KM, but previously when just working out i tended to listen to hard rock such as disturbed, godsmack, korn, linken park and such. I was wondering what other music everyone listens to while working out?

rosie

my very favorite album for working out has to be this:

Rise Above: 24 black flag songs to benefit the west memphis three

It’s basically all your favorite black flag tunes with guest appearances and better production. It’s a lot of henry rollins but also iggy pop, hank williams III, chuck D, ice T, dean ween, neil fallon, and a few others. I saw rollins band perform these tunes live and it blew me away. probably the best show i’ve ever seen.

plus, garbage (the band). i think her voice sounds mean.

ktulu

Metal!

leftie79

I like the Tomb Raider soundtrack. Has some great techno music. I basically listen to good ‘ol 80s music (the more pumped up ones that is 🙂

clfmak

I listen to different types of music, depending on what kind of training.

For serious bag work and contact with weapons, stuff like Rise Against, Rage Against the Machine, In Flames, Calico System, and Raised Fist are good.

When I do internal martial arts and freestyle stuff, electronic is good. Juno Reactor, Explosions in the Sky, ATB, and Sunbeam are good. There’s also a group/artist called Zazen, that does music for meditation (they worked with the late Rama, an American buddhist leader), and its good sometimes but not always.

For cooling down, streching, bridging, deep breathing, etc, I like light acoustic music- Steel Train, Fall Out Boy, Chalk Farm, Elefant.

wiccaman

Hiya,

I’ve heard a theory that you shouldn’t use music when you’re sparring because you end up striking too rhythmically. Supposedly it intereferes with your ability to strike off-beat.

So maybe Golden Brown by The Stranglers. It’s in some really weird time signature.

Personally though, when I’m training at home solo I tend to go with extreme techno.

TTFN,

Al

la-revancha

Simhamukha? I think this is your cue. 🙄

I was conditioned Pavlov-style to enjoy Rammstein during Phase training. The Matrix reloaded soundtrack is good. I have a mix of 90s era Hip hop (ATCQ, Pete Rock, Rakim, Akanyele) that I picked up on Melrose during the Krav Summer Camp that I utilize, but it seems like the DC crowd could do without it. 😯

My wish list includes Wade’s mixes and Brent’s mixes from NTC.

rosie

Revancha, I like the 90’s era hip hop CD! reminds me of my teen years.

leftie79

What is on Wade and Brent’s mixes?

la-revancha

I just call them Wade and Brent’s mixes. I believe it was Vita (if you’re out there) that put them together. You’ll find some RATM, Rob Zombie, Beastie Boys, Marilyn Manson, and other epineprine-infused artists.

jaeroo

Workout Music I Use:
    1. WWE Anthology (Only the Last 2 Volumes)
    2. Music from all the Rocky Movies
    3. Def Leppard (Hysteria/Adrenalize/Vault:Greatest Hits)
    4. Public Enemy (Apocalypse ’91:The Enemy Strikes Black)
    5. House of Pain (Same As It Ever Was)
    6. Van Halen (Best of Both Worlds)
    7. ZZ Top (Rancho Texacano, 2nd CD)
    8. Lloyd Banks (The Hunger For More)
    9. 50 Cent (Make Money or Die Tryin’)
    10. G-Unit (No Mercy)
    11. The Best of Eric B. and Rakim

-I use hard rock (brings out the animal inside me/gives me the warrior mentality) for my strength training and I use rap (helps keep the rythm especially on the speedbag, jumprope, shadowboxing, etc./gives me the streetwise thug and inmate mentality) for my cardio. I never play music when running since I don’t like anything in my hand except my car keys connected with my pepperspray. Running with headphones also ruins my situational awareness and distracts me from hearing my surroundings.

razman

La Revancha, is there a website in which I can find out more on Wade and Brent?

jt

Razman, not to answer for La Revancha, but to my knowledge there are no specific sites that are designed around these individuals. If you do a Google search for Wade Allen and krav maga, quite a bit of info comes up. He is one of the senior instructors for KM, and is currently doing a lot of stunt work and fight choreography in Hollywood. He had a short part in my favorite TV show last November (Scrubs) and got to race around the hospital halls and then take an elbow to the face from the hot blonde doctor. Also, I know that he married an actress named Annabeth Gish a while ago. You can find all of this out for yourself through a quick search though.

As for Brent Wilkening, there is nothing online about him, but I’ve seen him participate in the Fight Class that John Whitman was teaching at the NTC about 3-4 years ago, and then saw him instructing it a few years later. Total badass…. and a really nice guy! It’s my understanding that his name isn’t on the instructor roster at the NTC because he’s been traveling a lot with his other job and has been unable to commit the time to teaching. I’m not sure if this helps, especially since the topic is music, but good luck anyway.

topitbull

Rob Zombie – Greates Hits

Good blend of Metal and Techno, nice and heavY!

la-revancha

Many would consider Wade as The Scourge of Instructor Training. I may be tempting fate here, but he never gave me any more sh!t than the others. Probably one of my top Three Krav instructors.

Brent is tha homie!! Great skills and temperament. Worked more closely with him during the latter part of my instructor training (sorry to have missed you during Expert II last month 👿 ).

Two members of an elite group. If you ever see Wade, see if he remembers Pennywise-the Country Edition.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: