Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Chelsea Handler does Krav Maga

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    markx3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbz30CuLcHw

I would have been hysterical if I was in that class!

How come Kelly yells at me for doing KAPAP in class but Chelsea Handler acts like a clown and its okay? No fair! 🙂

Why isn’t Kelly beating her ass like she does me?!?!

I expect equal opportunity beat downs!

g-v

Haha, that was funny. 😆

anonymous

You did KAPAP in a Krav Maga class? Shame on you, you traitor!!! 😉 😆

That clip was funny. When did they film that? I don’t think it was a real class, though, just something made to look like one, because of the various different techniques they were working on (gun, choke, the suit guy). Also John and Kelly don’t usually teach together.

\”My Jew friend recommended it.\” 😆 Isn’t that a borderline Mel Gibson comment? 😉 But, well, of course, John didn’t admonish her, because she is a celebrity (well, actually, I’ve never heard of her before, but she was funny in the clip), so Mark, I feel your pain! 😉

She didn’t do too badly for a first timer, but she might want to work on her verbal de-escalation skills. Apparently, she is one of those little people with attitude Psyops keeps talking about, who take one KM class and then want to go toe to toe with everyone they meet.

This was funny to watch. I wished I would have been there. I would have given her a beat down for sure! 😈

anonymous

Does she really do Krav Maga now, or did she just do it once for the filming of this clip?

kmcat

Re:

Tae Kwon Do and Kung Fu get to be on a really cool National Geographic show with high-tech crash dummies to punch and uber-CGI and Krav Maga gets this \”Chelsea Handler\” baffoon.

I think Krav Maga Worldwide needs to get a new publicist.

sexybaldman

Funny as it may have been and maybe staged I think that was a bad idea. It make krav look like a joke. IMO. Or maybe not krav as a whole, but that class. It is serious stuff we do, and I know we should not be so serious in class but the main streem public see that and don’t know the real deal they will get the wrong impression. IMO

chicochi

I think it comes across in the clip that the real students and the teachers are serious. They’re not laughing; the TV audience is. Remember, it’s the understanding of the viewer that Chelsea is going to go mess up something serious by being funny.

While I too would rather see a National Geographic special about us, I think that being featured on E! was a great thing! First, it was a very long clip, and it prominently featured the Krav Maga logo practically non-stop. And second, by being on a night-time comedy show, we reached a whole new demographic than those who would watch a feature on a morning news program.

kravmdjeff

I was at the training center for phase C when it was being filmed. The novelty wore off REAL quick when the cameramen, producer, etc. expected bystanders to know where we should go and when to not screw up their stuff, and she was all funny and giggly on camera, but let’s say…not that nice to folks around her when we were an inconvenience. Never mind the fact I had traveled 2000 miles to get my ass kicked for seven days 8)

kravmdjeff

Okay, so my curiosity got the best of me and I HAD to watch the video. She’s funny. It was no less annoying to have to tip-toe around the shoot. The last guy, walking in, when Chelsea said \”You wanna tangle?\” and he says back \”do YOU wanna tangle?\” He was in our Phase group…Mark’s a good guy. He never mentioned that they grabbed him into the filming though…

ryan

I’m sorry, but that NG show was about the goofiest thing I’ve ever seen, and it was MEANT to be a serious piece of journalism.

I’m with chicochi on this one. People who would never otherwise hear about KM were introduced to it by Handler, who did a good job of being overly goofy in a serious setting–that’s sort of the point. The NG piece targeted a group that’s already indoctrinated.

You take the PR when you can get it.

noonian

Who IS that weird girl?? ❓

Honestly, she’s not really funny – just very very weird. I mean, is it funny to act like you’re too stupid to do jumping jacks and yell stuff they usually would BEEEP in other shows?!?! I mean, wow, what a big girl she must be with all the dirty words she knows! AND she is talking about her virginity (or rather the loss of it) on camera – how entertaining. Not hat I mind swearing or dirty comments – but hers were neither good nor funny. 🙄

I really hope Tammy (girl in green she was \”partnering\” with) gave her some good kicks, because in my opinion she was very impolite to all other participants in that class, including Kelly (which means, if this Chelsea-girl ever wants to do KM for real, she’s gonna have a tough time probably…..but for a good reason.). 😈

Ok, it’s probably all \”acting\”, but she makes the others who try to do the stuff they do and teach or just train look like idiots.
    Didn’t like the video at all. Agree with all those who say it’s a bad introduction to KM for people who’ve never heard of it before.

Say, if we’re having celebrities to train with us/do a video with us – can’t we have The Rock?? At least someone who is athletic. And he would probably like to give some \” ass whoopin’\” 😉

ryan

It was a SHOW! It was staged. Everyone there had to agree to participate. Good grief.

noonian

I KNOW it was a show. But if you do a show, why not make it a good one?!?! I think this clip showed more disrespect than funny scenes. Sorry.

I know as well that it was a clip about her and not a clip about Krav in general and that it was supposed to show how she reacts to Krav and not to let Krav shine in the brightest lights ever or so. It. just. was. not. funny.

Third thing I know (and that’s about all then) is, to not take stuff like that too seriously (but boy it feels good to just get worked up over that crappy humor): She’s doing some jokes (some people might like them, some might not) and behaving weird (the others are not though, which clearly shows she is the one not fitting into the scene). The video is gonna be around for a short while and then it’s gonna vanish. Done. Next video is gonna come and we’ll see how that one turns out. Funnier I hope. 😉

noonian

Showed it to my husband. He liked it. Thought it was very funny. That kinda calmes me down a bit – because, as you might’ve noticed, I did not like it at all. But judging from our own \”family-poll\” here (no statistical significance, but what the heck), at least 50% of the population will like it! 😉

anonymous

You’ve got a husband? Didn’t know that. Does he do Krav Maga? 😉

About the clip, I don’t know, I think we’ve all got to lighten up just a bit. It was a comedy show. It was obviously not a serious portrayal of a KM class. I didn’t think it made KM look bad as a system, it made HER look bad and goofy, the odd man (or woman) out, who doesn’t really get it (which was the point and the joke). I don’t think it ridiculed KM as a system.

Interesting to hear that she was a bitch off camera. Maybe Mark should have taken her up on her offer and coldcocked her at the end of the piece. Now THAT would have been funny! 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: