Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    kravjeff

Hey all –

I know there’s been a million posts regarding conditioning – I have a specific question:

I’ve been away from training for about a month due to injury. We have a Level 3 test this weekend that I don’t feel I’m physically prepared for. I know I can’t necessarily increase my stamina in a week, but am wondering if anyone has suggestions other than rest and hydration that may help me to survive (nutrition / meals, supplements, etc …)?

Thanks,
    KJ

usnavy-233

I wouldn’t think being out for only one month will make a huge dent in your stamina. A couple suggestions:
    1) Make sure you’re careful not to overdue your workouts and injure something else while trying to push yourself back into shape.
    2) Lots of carbs at least a couple days before the test, especially the night before.
    3) Lots of water the night before.

Hope the test goes well. Glad to hear you’re healing up well.

jasonm

I agree with Navy.

You could maybe attempt wind sprints of hill sprints. And after either finish with 10 burpees. Always a killer and great for full body conditioning.

Good luck!

al

Jeff,

At this point, all you can really hope is that you die during the first two hours… that will save you the last three and a half hours of misery.
    I think you may be worrying a little too much. Stay relaxed, don’t waste energy on negative thoughts. James doesn’t pull too many surprises on test day. Just enough to keep it interesting. Focus on form. If you fail to do the technique properly, he’ll make you repeat it until you get it right. That get’s old fast, and you’ll wear out quicker. Show lot’s of aggression. Push comes to shove, a tiny amount of poor technique can be overlooked if you are punching and kicking like your life depends on it. Krav is as much mental as it is physical, and James is looking for that never say die spirit.
    Review all the techniques mentally, so that you are ready when they are called out.
    You can’t make up for your lost conditioning by Saturday. You can take advantage of some cutting edge supplements that will assist you during the test. I’d suggest Instone’s Pre-Workout Intensity Formula. It’s cheaper from some discount sites on the web, but I don’t think they could get it to you by Saturday morning. You can get it at GNC, but it runs around $40.00 a bottle. Cheaper, but still effective would be to make sure you ingest about 200mg of caffine about 30 minutes before the test. It’s been proven to improve endurance by approximately 8% in high intensity muscle endurance tests. That may be all the edge you need.
    Good Luck, and may God have mercy on you, because James sure won’t.

kravjeff

Thanks Al – I’ll check out the supplements.

See you Friday? You can make me feel even better then … 😉

James was out of town during my last test, though I can tell you that Shannon et. al. did not go easy on us … Appreciate the prayers 😯

usnavy-233

Good luck Jeff!

kravjeff

Thanks Walt!

mara-jade

Have to wish you luck Jeff! I’m still not ready for my 3 test myself and I know you want to do your best.

I’m with Navy on this too – a month shouldn’t take that much stamina but a week of ‘killing’ youself won’t bring it back either. Carb up is definitely a good thing to do. I know that helped me on my 1 and 2 test.

Kick a$$ 😀

jasonm

Re:

quote \”Al\:

Jeff,

At this point, all you can really hope is that you die during the first two hours… that will save you the last three and a half hours of misery.
    I think you may be worrying a little too much. Stay relaxed, don’t waste energy on negative thoughts. James doesn’t pull too many surprises on test day. Just enough to keep it interesting. Focus on form. If you fail to do the technique properly, he’ll make you repeat it until you get it right. That get’s old fast, and you’ll wear out quicker. Show lot’s of aggression. Push comes to shove, a tiny amount of poor technique can be overlooked if you are punching and kicking like your life depends on it. Krav is as much mental as it is physical, and James is looking for that never say die spirit.
    Review all the techniques mentally, so that you are ready when they are called out.
    You can’t make up for your lost conditioning by Saturday. You can take advantage of some cutting edge supplements that will assist you during the test. I’d suggest Instone’s Pre-Workout Intensity Formula. It’s cheaper from some discount sites on the web, but I don’t think they could get it to you by Saturday morning. You can get it at GNC, but it runs around $40.00 a bottle. Cheaper, but still effective would be to make sure you ingest about 200mg of caffine about 30 minutes before the test. It’s been proven to improve endurance by approximately 8% in high intensity muscle endurance tests. That may be all the edge you need.
    Good Luck, and may God have mercy on you, because James sure won’t.

Agreed except the part about supplentation. Dont’ waste your money and just load up on good quality carbs and tons of water.

Good luck!

kravjeff

Thanks everyone!

Actually really looking forward to the test – Should be a great challenge!! 😈

anonymous

Good luck, go get ’em!

bradm

Good luck!

la-revancha

Good luck, KJ.

IMO, we ALL feel like we could have better prepared physically. While I agree with the physical recommendations mentioned previously, allow me to share some psychology I acquired from my judo compatriots that I utilize before tournies or KM exams:

Before you go to sleep tonight and when you wake this weekend, repeat these three phrases:

1-I have been training hard, this will be a great day.
    2-I feel really good.
    3-I am looking forward to my exam.

In essence, direct thoughts technically, then just visualize your techniques working for you, over and over.

Most importantly, visualize yourself passing the exam!!!

And lastly, please send La Revancha’s best to James and Shannon. It’s been too long since I’ve seen those good folks.

kravjeff

Thanks for your support everyone!!! La Rev, good advice, thanks – I’ll pass on your message to James and Shannon.

Provided I can lift my arms to the keyboard tomorrow night I’ll let you know how it went.

Best,
    KJ

kravjeff

That was AWESOME !!!

Thanks again for everyone’s support — Now I just wait & see …

Best all,
    KJ

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: