Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Congratulations to all who passed PHASE A

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    cjs-dad
    Keymaster

For the last two weeks NTC hosted its in-house phase A instructor course. I just wanted to take a minute to say “good job” to all who passed the exhaustive process.

Welcome to the club!

Maybe some of you who are forums members would be willing to share your thoughts on the training, what your favorite parts were and some of your goals with Krav Maga.

And on a personal note I just wanted to say how proud I am to those of you I worked with. Thank you so much for allowing me the opportunity.

Congrats again to our newest instructors!

stevetuna

Re: Congratulations to all who passed PHASE A

Congratulations from the Islander as well! Phase A is one of the toughest things I’ve ever been through. Good job, all!

unstpabl1

Guess Phase killed them and their unable to type:dunno: kinda hard to get good help if ya break them first:OhMy:

la-revancha

First of all, congrats to those who passed!!!

As far as my phase,

Darren, Dugas, HollyWade, Whitman, Sam, Margolin…

[nostalgia] …those were the days. [/nostalgia]

With all due respect to brother Brent and Kelly, but it was tougher back in my day 😛

la-revancha

First of all, congrats to those who passed!!!

As far as my phase,

Darren, Dugas, HollyWade, Whitman, Sam, Margolin…

[nostalgia] …those were the days. [/nostalgia]

With all due respect to brother Brent and Kelly, it was tougher back in my day 😛

miriam

quote unstpabl1:

Guess Phase killed them and their unable to type:dunno: kinda hard to get good help if ya break them first:OhMy:

Oh man – them’s fightin’ words! How dare ya?!? (I’m kidding!)

First, let me address the physical demands of phase. Yes, phase is incredibly physically demanding. However, my partner Kristine & I (for those of you who train in WLA, Kristine is a fitness instructor and membership person) both did bag class the day after the phase exam. I know there also were others from our group who also trained that day as well. But before Mr. Revancha jumps on this thread and says we didn’t have it hard enough (oh, wait – he’s already said that!), maybe some consideration should be given to the possibility that my fellow phase buddies were in good enough shape to handle the demands of phase without being totally spent.

Next, I want to express that everyone in our group gave 200% and each person was just so incredible in his/her effort, ability, mindset and attitude. I wasn’t sure I would make it, but I felt so much encouragement and support from them, that they clearly contributed to my passing, and I will always be proud to have gone through with them.

Now to answer Sean’s questions. Favorite part and goals? I loved the physical challenge and seeing the growth in my skills over the 2 weeks. But more specifically and personally, it was getting specific help from an instructor who had the knowledge and skill to figure out why I wasn’t consistent in making my defenses and who then put me through a drill that completely clarified and corrected what I was doing wrong. It is THAT kind of skill as an instructor that I hope to develop and possess so that I can help others train, learn and achieve all of their goals in Krav.

I started teaching cardiokickboxing 7 years ago, and went through the krav fitness program in ’05, specifically because I love teaching and love helping people achieve their goals, whether it is to lose weight, learn something new, or just increase their fitness skills. So, now as a new Krav instructor, I look forward to working with new students to develop their Krav skills and knowledge! :woohoo:

Oh geez.. after reading this I sound like someone running for Miss America. Yikes!! Well, at least I don’t twirl batons as my talent.
    :wav:

leejam99

Congrats to all!

also, after seeing both Shawn and Christian’s cool email quotes…i’ve decided to make my own.

——
    James

“You s**t on my house man…” The red head kid in the movie “Can’t buy me love”
    “In Okinawa, belt mean no need rope to hold up pants.” Mr Miyagi
    “Whas ha penning hot stufff.” Asian kid from “16 candles”
    “If you ain’t first, your last!” Ricky Bobby

unstpabl1

Congratulations Miriam and thanks for sharing. The grapevine says it was an easier phase than a TKD kids yellow belt test:jerry:

rofl2 just teasingthumbsup I got tired just typing this

jay99

It is with a most humbled sense of honor and pride that I say thank you to all of those who helped me survive and pass Phase A!
    I gained an entire new respect for all the instructors I have had such an amazing time training under these past two years. It was always clear to me how much they cared about making this KM thing work but it was not clear how much it took until I saw it first hand. I remember walking out of there one night just in awe of the idea that I had gone through two years of drills, explanations, practice and none of it ever seemed strained. Than I tried to explain something I had seen and done a thousand times and I did not know where to begin. That insight gave me a great sense of just how dedicated and talented all of our instructors are.
    In my personal opinion it was not any one day that makes Phase so challenging… it is all of it combined. To know that there is no time to rest because tomorrow the grueling physical demand repeats. The feeling of wanting to live up to not only your own expectations of yourself but to be upbeat and supportive for your peers as well. And if all that is not enough you have to challenge yourself to learn how to teach something you are so passionate about. Which is much easier said than it is done.
    Physically – I can safely say I came out of this in the best shape of my life and more in tune with the muscle memory and instinct than ever before. But there was no way in hell I was doing a bag class the next day. I went and got a massage instead.
    My Goals with Krav – This might sound silly but I simply want to put back in all it has given me. If can play a role in helping someone build up through KM as I have than I will have repaid my debt to the universe. It is my intention to be a part of KM in what ever roles suits me best for years to come. What that role may be is still undetermined… but I am happy to be a part of this crazy little thing called Krav!
    All that and I want to come up with a signature that beats James… that is some funny sh*t!

unstpabl1

Congrats Jay:beer:

stevetuna

quote Jay99:

If can play a role in helping someone build up through KM as I have than I will have repaid my debt to the universe. It is my intention to be a part of KM in what ever roles suits me best for years to come.

Well said, Jay. I understand.

Congratulations!

h2h

good job guys and gals !..now phase B 😉

andy-m

Well done all on a great achievement! Congratulations and I wish you all the best in your instructional careers.

miriam

quote unstpabl1:

Congratulations Miriam and thanks for sharing. The grapevine says it was an easier phase than a TKD kids yellow belt test:jerry:

Yes, you’re right. The test was so easy, I did it with a dislocated shoulder taped up and immobilized! Oh wait a minute… that wasn’t me; that was Sean. :Surprised:

quote H2H:

good job guys and gals !..now phase B 😉

Thanks, Guillaume… but speaking for myself only – since my compadres are probably all geared up and ready to go – I’d just like to take a deep breath and enjoy this moment, before I have to start freaking out about preparing for B!!! rofl2

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I blame Kevin Lewis for the duct tape that was HIS idea.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: