Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Credit card fraud. What to do?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    blockcrat

Re: Credit card fraud. What to do?

Call the bank and ask to speak to the disputes or fraud dept. They should help you. Tell your friend to have all information about what happened available and be clear in submitting information so it can be properly investigated.

But if they’re not helping, that’s weird. Did they give reasons why?

clfmak

Man,that sucks. I actually dealt with that a few years ago- I went to the bank, and they said I was way overdrawn. It turns out someone got my card # and spent my money on some oddly specific things. I went through a statement with a fraud agent at the bank item by item, and I had my number changed to a new one. I was mostly able to resolve my problems with companies who sent me bills, except for ATT, which sent me a bill for 2 new cellphones. They said that they couldn’t help me because the SSN I gave was different than the ones they gave (probably because they didn’t know mine and the company neglected to see if their fake one was legitimate). It ended up going to collections and I ended up paying a few hundred dollars. It was worth it to me just to be done with the ordeal, and I don’t plan on doing business with ATT again.

thecrownsown

If identy theft is a concern: I’d also recommend you contact the various credit bureaus (here in Canada there are two major ones, not sure about the states) and advise them of the situation. They can flag your credit account for I believe 5 years or so, and anytime someone needs to check your credit (ie.- to get a credit card, make a major purchase like a house, car, etc.) you will be notified directly before anything goes ahead and they can put a stop to it if it isn’t you.

From my understanding in cases of fraud, theft, etc. most businesses including banks / credit card companies are more interested in recouping there money, not in the criminal conviction….from a purely economical perspective, the corporation does not get the satisfaction a person/victim would be when someone is criminally convicted. That does little to recoup the monies lost for a company…and thats why a company invests its resources into loss prevention and recouping the money instead.

xoek

quote TheCrownsOwn:

If identy theft is a concern: I’d also recommend you contact the various credit bureaus (here in Canada there are two major ones, not sure about the states) and advise them of the situation. They can flag your credit account for I believe 5 years or so, and anytime someone needs to check your credit (ie.- to get a credit card, make a major purchase like a house, car, etc.) you will be notified directly before anything goes ahead and they can put a stop to it if it isn’t you.

From my understanding in cases of fraud, theft, etc. most businesses including banks / credit card companies are more interested in recouping there money, not in the criminal conviction….from a purely economical perspective, the corporation does not get the satisfaction a person/victim would be when someone is criminally convicted. That does little to recoup the monies lost for a company…and thats why a company invests its resources into loss prevention and recouping the money instead.

this! call or go online to the 3 major credit agencies and place afraud alert on your accounts. it’s easy and saves in the long run, you can never be too carefull.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: