Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    keeiii

Is there a Curriculum book for sale? Or some book that shows and describes the techniques, for lvlís 1, 2 and 3. I have an injury that makes it so I cannot take a full class, or even the majority of a class. But I would like to continue learning the techniques taught at the end of each class. My injury came 2 days before testing for lvl 3. 😥

keeiii

Or another question. Does the cd follow the different lvlís? Is there anything I can purchase that follows all the different lvlís? For instance the hair-grabs in lvl 3

silcvalkrav

Re:

quote \”keeiii\:

Or another question. Does the cd follow the different lvlís? Is there anything I can purchase that follows all the different lvlís? For instance the hair-grabs in lvl 3

I thought there was going to be a new DVD set coming out that broke down the techniques in each level, up to level 4. Is this still gonna happen? That would be great!!

tank-sinatra

Re: Curriculum book?

quote \”keeiii\:

Is there a Curriculum book for sale? Or some book that shows and describes the techniques, for lvlís 1, 2 and 3. I have an injury that makes it so I cannot take a full class, or even the majority of a class. But I would like to continue learning the techniques taught at the end of each class. My injury came 2 days before testing for lvl 3. 😥

Curriculum list: http://www.kravmagadfw.com/curriculum.html

Book that shows many of the techniques:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0312331770/sr=8-1/qid=1150262859/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-6647954-5097644?%5Fencoding=UTF8

This book doesn’t come out until October:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1583941681/sr=8-4/qid=1150262859/ref=pd_bbs_4/002-6647954-5097644?%5Fencoding=UTF8

j-frank

anybody familiar with the author of \”The Essential KM\” ?

lazlo

No, but the original publishers of \”Krav Maga: How to Defend Yourself from Agrainst Armed Assault\” were the same folks, Frog, Ltd. It’s now someone else if you look on Amazon.
    The original plan according to lor and tribal knowledge was that Imi’s disciples were to codify all of his teachings into several volumes. The first being the aformentioned \”How to Defend..yada yada.\”
    However, the Disciples never got around to creating an official second nor third volume, so maybe THIS is it! This may be the proverbial Dead Sea Scrolls(if you follow me)! The David Kahn Book was seen by many if not most in the Krav movement as simple heresy and not the true second volume(that guy from the Sopranos liked it though). Damn it would be nice if was any good.

j-frank

Re:

quote \”Lazlo\:

The original plan according to lor and tribal knowledge was that Imi’s disciples were to codify all of his teachings into several volumes. The first being the aformentioned \”How to Defend..yada yada.\”
    However, the Disciples never got around to creating an official second nor third volume…

I’ve been hoping for subsequent volumes seemingly forever, have the plans for them been officially scrapped? 🙁

rich-f

Re:

quote \”Lazlo\:

The David Kahn Book was seen by many if not most in the Krav movement as simple heresy and not the true second volume(that guy from the Sopranos liked it though). Damn it would be nice if was any good.

How many times do we have to go through this Bullsh.. of badmouthing David. I will not spend time writng a long reply as all posts regarding David are deleted anyway.

johnwhitman

Hey keeiii,

We will have just such a book available around December. We’ve just started working on one with our publisher.Most of it was written already. It should be quite thorough, will contain all the major points for each technique, along with photos of each stage of the technique.

The book will also contain real stories of civilians, LE, and military personnel we’ve worked with who’ve saved their lives using the training, and some insights into the principals of the system, etc.

vicious

Re:

quote \”rich f\:

quote \”Lazlo\:

The David Kahn Book was seen by many if not most in the Krav movement as simple heresy and not the true second volume(that guy from the Sopranos liked it though). Damn it would be nice if was any good.

How many times do we have to go through this Bullsh.. of badmouthing David. I will not spend time writng a long reply as all posts regarding David are deleted anyway.

i personally have nothing against david… i just didn’t like his representation of SOME of the techniques…

for example, his choke from the side had you doing a palm to the face (like choke from the front 1 handed pluck). i do not believe there would EVER be enough room to palm to the face in that attack. i see a choke from the side almost always being a dynamic, moving (pushing/pulling) attack/choke.

His defense against someone on your back, on the ground, trying to bar arm your throat has the attacker FORGETTING to put their \”hooks\” in (wrap their legs inside the defender’s).

the defense movement he showed would not work if the attacker put his \”hooks\” in, which i think should not only assumed, but if training for worst case senario, WILL happen.

Nothing against the guy, i just found some personal \”problems\” with some of the techniques…

there were a few more, but i’m not trying to pick on anyone.

anonymous

I think the \”Essential KM\” book is written by a guy from yet another organization in Europe. I don’t know if one could classify it as the \”official\” sequel. I’m not sure there could ever even be such a thing as \”official\” sequel to the \”How to…\” book, because Imi, the principal author, has since died.

Glad to hear we are finally publishing a book on our own. Lots of photos sounds good. I think that’s one of the main things people are looking for when they are buying a book like that. Lots of photos and detailed information on how to do the techniques right.

I’ve seen, (but not bought!) the David Kahn book. It wasn’t bad, but I was missing the photographs (there were only drawings). You are right, palmstrike might be awkward to do for choke form the side, it’s hard to bend the wrist that way. If anything, upper cut would work better, but I still like the groin strike.

The ground defense was probably shown that way precisely because it wouldn’t work with hooks (I guess they were hoping or assuming that the attacker will not know how to put in hooks, or you’ll be able to react before he puts them in). This may be a problem with the defense in general, not so much with the book (by the way, I’m not 100% sure which defense you mean, but I’m assuming it may be the one where you roll the person on your back over the top?). If he had hooks in, it would be a lot harder and may take some BJJ lessons to learn how to defend correctly.

anonymous

By the way, there is always this book:

http://www.kravmaga.be/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=90&Itemid=43&lang=en

II think they have updated it, by I’m not sure if it follows our curriculum exactly or not (the KMAA has just recently begun a partnership with them and the original version had some differences, but was still a good tool).

That’s correct Giantkiller!

The KM Notebook has been recently updated to match as much as possible with your curriculum.
    It should be approved and marketed soon by Krav Maga Worldwide.

Greetings,

kadima

Re:

quote \”Lazlo\:

No, but the original publishers of \”Krav Maga: How to Defend Yourself from Agrainst Armed Assault\” were the same folks, Frog, Ltd. It’s now someone else if you look on Amazon.
    However, the Disciples never got around to creating an official second nor third volume, so maybe THIS is it! This may be the proverbial Dead Sea Scrolls(if you follow me)! The David Kahn Book was seen by many if not most in the Krav movement as simple heresy and not the true second volume(that guy from the Sopranos liked it though). Damn it would be nice if was any good.

This is just total bullshit.
    I dont know your rank or standing in the KM community but I bet you are know where near as qualified as David to make that judgment.
    David is:
    1:long time Krav Maga blackbelt.
    2.trained in Israel by Grandmaster Haim Gidon and the top Israeli instructors as well as two of the first American KM instructors.
    3.The American representative of the Israeli Krav Maga Association which basically puts him in charge of KM in the USA.

His book was approved and is well respected by not only the IKMA governing body but also by KM instrcutors all over the world. His expertise is recognized all over the world even by Darren and John with whom he has legal problems with at the moment.

So before you open your mouth speaking false accusations and YOUR amateur critique you should know what you are talking about.

lazlo

Kadima, David Kahn, I’m sure, is a better and more qualified Krav practicioner than myself and most of us.
    As I stated, the BOOK doesn’t represent much of the Krav community as you can see on the back of his book. It was an error on my part to say, \”perhaps all the KM movement,\” and I was wrong to state this.
    I don’t follow the part where you say he’s head of KM in America? Have I joined the KM fractional wars by commenting on the holy Koran(Dave’s Boo)?! Who will rule? The Hagannah? The Irgun? The Stern Gang? or the Palmach? Oh no!!!!! Gee now there is an Internet Fatwah on me by a guy named Forward!!! You crack me up.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: