Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge D.J. dies from Krav Maga injury?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    jbx

Re: D.J. dies from Krav Maga injury?

I am a friend of DJ Roc Raida (Anthony Williams), and have just payed my respects to him at his funeral in Harlem.
    He was a known around the world for his accomplishments in turntablism within hip hop culture. His creativity brought the DJ and particular the battle aspect of DJ-ing in competition to new heights.
    His routines and great moments can be viewed on youtube, to visually see his abilities.

I visited Roc Raida in Millersville, Maryland where he relocated from NYC, he was happy, healthy and very excited about practicing Krav Maga daily, when he was not touring the world, and even joined by one of his three daughters in Krav Maga classes.
    It made perfect sense to me, Raida was a competitor, and Krav Maga gave him new mountains to climb within himself, using alot of the things he was good at in turntablism, he was a fierce competitor with a love for practice and being the best.

The story that I’ve been told from close friends/ family is as follows..
    Anthony was sparing a few weeks ago, at his local Krav Maga place of training, his partner fell on him in a abnormal way and injured/broke his spine in two places.
    He was rushed to the hospital and cared for immediately, he received 2-3 operations back to back all considered successful.
    He was then moved to the rehabilitation area, where he suffered a sudden cardiac arrest and passed with his family by his side.

Since his death I have tried to find out more about the martial arts that he loved, and played a part in his death.
    I googled “Anthony Williams Krav Maga Maryland” and found this forum.
    I am speaking on Anthony’s behalf, I’m sure he would want his Krav Maga friends/followers to know what had happened to him.
    My 10 years of knowing Anthony he was always in great health, and the doctors agreed, they felt his good health would be a plus for a speedy recovery.
    I’d like to know more, but maybe that’s in his creators hands.
    It also seems Anthony never had regrets about this accident or in his love for Krav Maga.
    -Jared Boxx
    RIP Anthony Williams b.k.a. Grand Master Roc Raida
    May God bless your beautiful family.

mara-jade

Welcome Jared,

Thank you so much for your post. We’re so sad to read of his passing and hope you can find some comfort that others care as well.

tech94

its very possible that he may have had a DVT (deep vein thrombosis) which is a blood clot and can travel to lungs, heart or brain and result in heart attack, stroke or pulm embolis and death. we use different medications to try to prevent this in the hosptal setting but i dont know about rehab facilities.
    DISCLAIMER: this MAY have been the cause i obviously have no way of saying it was in fact the cause

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: