Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Defense against being shot with an oxygen tank

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    giant-killer

So, I finally saw that movie “No Country For Old Men”. In it, there’s that taciturn killer, who carries a type of oxygen tank around with him, to which some kind of hose is attached. At one point, he presses the hose against the head of a victim and then “pulls the trigger”, releasing a deadly shot of compressed air, which leaves the hapless victim with a huge hole in his head.

First of all, is that really a good method to kill someone? Aside from the impracticality of carrying the tank around? Would this work if the “shot” came from more of a distance, or does the valve at the end of the hose have to be put directly to the victim’s head?

And what’s the perfect Krav Maga defense? Looks like gun defense could work, but no takeaway and the guy could easily use the tank as an impact weapon, something to watch out for in case the counterpunch doesn’t knock him out.

Any thoughts? As the movie may win the Academy Award, we can’t exclude the possibility that countless merciless killers will adopt this method and soon there will be tons of bad guys with oxygen tanks running lose. Better be prepared! thumbsup

thejew

Re: Defense against being shot with an oxygen tank

ROTFLMMFAO

hahahahahahahaha

hahahahhaha

Man that was good. You weren’t really expecting an answer to this were you?

M
    O
    V
    I
    E

(I would say what I’m thinking but I’d probably (Positively) get banned)

giant-killer

Hey, you gotta always, ALWAYS be prepared. And it’s KM, use of common objects is encouraged, even for bad guys I suppose. rofl2

dkatman

Call Heads.

guerriere

Pull the cord and a 16-ton weight will fall down on the bad guy.

Haha… when I first saw the post, I thought you were referring to someone cracking the top off of an oxygen tank and causing it to shoot across the room (i.e. Freddy VS Jason). Jason’s defense of not being able to be killed worked very well, but I don’t think that less experienced Krav students would be able to pull it off effectively.

As far as the attack you’re talking about, I would defend by taking the tank, running across the room, and making the above-mentioned attack. Check. Mate.

giant-killer

But what if you miss? I guess I would redirect the hand holding the hose thing, then punch, maybe knee, grab the tank and smash his head in with it. Hopefully it won’t break and shoot across the room. :):

In the spirit of Monty Python, I think the proper technique is “run away!”. ;):

la-revancha

giant-killer

Hmmm, not sure if that thing would save me, but I’m willing to try…

You don’t think the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch would save you? It defeated that crazy rabbit, didn’t it? Sheesh!

giant-killer

What crazy rabbit? Was that Monty Python? I may have missed that movie or saw it years ago.

Yes GK. The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch was used to kill the rabbit guarding the cave. Everyone underestimated it and it kept tearing people to bits prompting the command, “RUN AWAY!!!”. You did so well on the Black Knight reference a few months ago. I’m disapointed :thunbsdown:

giant-killer

Black knight? What black knight? Was he the owner of the rabbit? And why was a rabbit guarding a cave? Why not get him a female rabbit to spark some romance and lure him away from the cave rather than throwing a holy grenade? Of course, “Run away!” is always good advice when things are exploding…

Now I’m wondering… What’s the KM defense against a Holy Grenade? :):

iaa428

That rabbit has got an evil streak a mile wide!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: