Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Defense against being shot with an oxygen tank

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Re: Defense against being shot with an oxygen tank

quote iaa428:

That rabbit has got an evil streak a mile wide!

What’s it gonna’ do? Nibble me bum?

giant-killer

So, I hear that thing was really a cattle gun, not an oxygen tank. Not sure how a cattle gun works (I suppose the way we see demonstrated in the movie!). But, hey, if you go out into the countryside, plenty of people may have this dangerous weapon, so we better prepare ourselves! :):

I guess the proper defense would be to take a small step backwards. Unless the cattle gun is pressed tightly right up against the head it isn’t going to kill you because there is no projectile, just a “bolt” that pops out like a turkey timer.

In fact (more than you need to know)… The cattle gun doesn’t always kill the cow. It just stuns it. It’s the process of hanging the cow up and draining all the blood out that kills it.

If you used one on a human for real, and the person didn’t die from the initial trauma, I would imagine the result would be pretty similar to a frontal lobotomy.

Unfortunately, now I’m going to look at every old person wheeling around an oxygen tank with a whole new suspicion. Is he short of breath or is he a freaky assassin?

giant-killer

quote DirtyHippieUte:

In fact (more than you need to know)… The cattle gun doesn’t always kill the cow. It just stuns it. It’s the process of hanging the cow up and draining all the blood out that kills it.

If you used one on a human for real, and the person didn’t die from the initial trauma, I would imagine the result would be pretty similar to a frontal lobotomy.

Ouch. I feel bad for the cow, yet I still love my beef. What to do? :OhMy: :Unsure: :):

Great info! thumbsup Looks like that thing wouldn’t make too great a weapon after all, if all you need to do is move back a little. And now people are warned, after seeing the movie. Makes me wonder though why the victims in the movie didn’t recognize it, after all they all lived in the countryside and should have all known what it was.

So, since it turns out it wasn’t an oxygen tank at all, I wonder if an oxygen tank could ever be used in a similar fashion? Probably wouldn’t work, there wouldn’t be enough pressure to hurt someone. Better to pick up the tank and slam it on someone’s head instead.

Just as feasible as a silenced shotgun I guess….Sometimes I wish I could just turn my brain off and ingest the pablum like the rest of the sheep…….

bracius

BA-a-a-a-a–a-a

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: