Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Hi all!

It has been a while since I posted here but some might remember me especially from before the forum \”upgraded.\”
    I have been active on some other forums but occasionally I pop in here to check the threads.

I hate to admit it but I am a bit disappointed in the forum content. This place used to be a fountain of knowledge about krav maga and self defense.
    Now it seems that more and more people are concentrating on KMAA/KMWW/HaganaH/LOTAR/[insert any Israeli martial art or association here] politics that from an outsiders point of view it looks ridiculous.
    Yes I consider myself an outsider nowadays.

The same old song continues to play: \”KMAA is just out to make money.\”
    People I visited the LA centre a few years back. I met John, Darren, other instructors. Of course it is a business to them but from what I gathered making money is NOT their primary concern. They want to improve krav and spread it in a controlled way.
    Now as for the \”copycats\” (for a lack of better term) many say that THEY are out to make money. I do not know, I have never met those people. I find one thing funny though: Why are they emerging all of a sudden and why do they so hard want to use the generic term krav maga? I mean if their systems are so solid and good why the need for that term? Why do they need to include it in their advertisments? They say that their stuff is usually even better, the real thing that is taught to Israeli commandoes… so why mix it with the \”diluted version\” of krav if this is so? Won’t people just confuse it with the \”crap\” that is rolling out of LA? 😉

Nevertheless these debates are of no use to the beginners of krav when they come to this forum. Nor are they of any use to those who are more experienced with the system. It is good that people discuss things, even politics, and threads are not locked.
    In the end however are those topics really the best that this forum has to offer?

Take care people.

beachfront71

I hear you…It is a total waste of time and energy, however…

I would be more concerned if no one argued back to everyone who keeps bringing this stuff up.

At least we have people here who try not to let others vent their frustration on this board without shouting back.

You are right, it lowers the quality of the baord overall, the only option is to ban all of these random topics and focus on why most of us are here which is to discuss Krav Maga techniques, etc. The ban is something I would be for as I do not care who started what where and trained who in what country and what language.

caliwt

It’s not as populated as it used to be Ville, I don’t know why.

People are still discussing Martial arts, pimp gets slapped, weird club strike, , hurt my wrist/knuckles 😉 , gonna buy a heavy bag, etc…you just came in to something that has 2 threads going on right now, joe and copyright.

Ban it, ya, thats real American beachfront, We are the only one that can use the words Krav Maga, and we won’t tell you why……that makes alot of sense.

I think it is great the John W. Allows this, as long as it stays respectful. I remeber what happened on the old board. Newbees don’t know to search so it will always come up, over and over. Maybe make a sticky sending them to the copyright thread or something.

Good to see ya posting again Ville….

prowler

We could make a FAQ or something, maybe get it stickied as a \”Read this first\” post?

beachfront71

Who said anything about American?
    I just said ban the crap that comes up every 2 weeks and has nothing to offer anyone who comes here to find out about KM. I could care less about the soap opera.
    The posts and replies are all the same so why start the complaining over and over again.

anonymous

Hey Ville!

Yes, I remember you. Welcome back!

That said, I have to say I don’t really agree with your \”disappointment\”. I for one have been very positively surprised that those two threads were allowed to continue. I think it’s a good thing to be able to discuss these things openly on a forum, no matter what side you may be on. Some of these subjects are actually important issues – dealing with the marketing and handling and possibly the future of our system. So, why not let the students discuss what they think about it? For example, I’d be kind of curious to know if, given a choice, the majority of Krav Maga students would rather have one organization be in charge of teaching Krav Maga in the US (or other countries) or would prefer to have the choice between several different reputable Krav Maga organizations. Wouldn’t have any legal bearing, but it would be interesting to know.

Of course these kinds of discussionss are not necessarily \”the best we have to offer\” and there are still plenty of other threads – in fact the vast majority of them – that deal with self-defense issues.

I’m also always a bit puzzled by people, who look through all of the threads on the forum, don’t find anything to their liking, and then start a thread complaining about it with the result of starting a whole new set of discussion on exactly the topic they were trying to avoid in the first place.

Anyway, one good thing to do would be to maybe start a few threads with topics that interest you. Maybe you have an interesting self-defense story you would like to share? Or an observation about a specific technique? Maybe, if you can think of a really exciting topic, we can all post on that one and forget about the dreaded politics thread.

andre

I agree with Ville.

susannah

Well.. as it is, I really couldn’t care less for politics. So I surely won’t participate in the discussions, and that is the best way to upgrade the content of the forum – post meaningful posts yourself, to the best of your ability, and try to learn from others.

I never came to this board primarily because it’s krav, but because there were loads of good discussions here. And that is what brought me back here, also… Used to be a good place, why couldn’t it be that ol same thing now ? It’s up to each of us to make this place a comfy one.

anonymous

First of all, if any organization plan is to make money while trying to give the best service to the \”customer\” I have no problem. Money needs for surviving, growing, expanding, giving better quality, providing more training for the staff etc. So again, every normal organization is doing that, some talks about it, some not. So, mentioning KM USA is trying to make is not an offense. I mean, who does not want to make out money from his loved profession? Lets be honest…

In the other hand Krav Maga is a trulyIsraeli art, and must stay and Israeli art, I beleive. It has some guys who got the highest rank from IMI, and in this case they or he is responsible for changes, improvents etc.

Threads are sometimes locked, sometimes even erased…But it is another issue.

ryan

Well, seeing how Imi was born in Hungary, one could argue KM’s roots are Hungarian. 😯 😕 8) 😉

That’s how ridiculous these discussions are.

\”In the other hand Krav Maga is a trulyIsraeli art, and must stay and Israeli art, I beleive.\” I don’t even know what this means, really.

anonymous

Ryan,

Krav Maga was not created in Hungary, not in Slovakia. It was created in Israel. Is that correct? (Just to refresh your memory, that time Israel was not even formed. And as we now, before that most of the jews were living outside of Palestine or later called Israel. Ist that correct?)

What does this mean? It means Krav Maga is still refined, improved and tested in Israel. It is still the center or capital of Krav Maga.

anonymous

KMAN:

Ditto………….

ffdo

To be blunt, KM is a Zionist art……….

Doesn’t matter what ‘country’ it came from.

But, if you really want to know why KM is what it is, read some history on Israel. Read about the six day war or the YK war. read what they have done just to survive, much less accelllllllllll…….

BTW, there is far more history to read, but start with those.

JC

ryan

No one is saying anything detrimental about Israel or questioning anything Israeli, and I don’t need a history lesson. My point is, just because something originated in a place doesn’t mean that other places can’t have very significant and viable influences. Where did the automobile originate? Does anyone think that the Germans or the Japanese should consult Americans on anything automobile related? That’s ludicrous, as are these types of discussions. Nothing positive is ever accomplished.

anonymous

Ryan,

Influences? Yes. Changing things on their own? I don’t think so. Otherwise why did Imi gave the highest rank to an Israeli? Anyway, I beleive Israel is still true source for KM, you dont. Big deal.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: