Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books "downing a charging bull"?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    aristotelian

What’s an effective and simple to learn technique to “down a charging bull”?

What’s an effective and simple to learn technique to throw or take-down a crazed, 350lb six man; that is running at you in a rage?

don

Re: "downing a charging bull"?

quote aristotelian:

What’s an effective and simple to learn technique to throw or take-down a crazed, 350lb six man; that is running at you in a rage?

Throw the ball away asap – preferably in the area in which you have an eligible receiver…

aristotelian

quote Don:

Throw the ball away asap – preferably in the area in which you have an eligible receiver…

The particular incident I am talking about was not on a foot ball field and I probably will run into him again.

Can someone who is more clever give me a more pratical answer?

dckm

my first instinct would be either a defensive front kick or front kick to a vertical target. depending on how quick you can step to the side and kick the crap out of the side of his knee.

don

quote aristotelian:

The particular incident I am talking about was not on a foot ball field and I probably will run into him again.

Can someone who is more clever give me a more pratical answer?

You’d be hard-pressed to find someone more smart-assed than me – oh, you said Clever, never mind…

If you want practical, why don’t you give the FULL story (at least your side of it) – explain who this guy is, what kind of training/experience he has, why he would want to charge you, why/where/when you will be running into him again, and why you can’t avoid/defuse the situation. Is he also the reason for all your other questions and for you wanting to take up KM or martial arts?

Btw, if a “bull” is charging at me, I PREFER not to be in his way and/or not to be in the arena – if a train is coming at you and is not going to stop, it would be a good idea to get off the tracks.

IMO, you need to ask this question to someone IN PERSON.

The whole situation/question/scenario you present is too vague/ambiguous – too fluid/dynamic/tense/uncertain/rapidly evolving/etal. The Magic Technique you’re looking for DOES NOT EXIST – even the best ideas/techniques/suggestions you might get from the collective knowledge/experience here would be no good if you aren’t able to properly apply/execute them.

ryan

What Don said…

unstpabl1

+1 or out run him till he poops out then kick him in the ding ding:dunno:

stevetuna

Sounds like a situation where the Israeli Death Touch would be useful. That is an advanced technique, of course…

What Don said.

kirsten

quote unstpabl1:

+1 or out run him till he poops out then kick him in the ding ding:dunno:

I like the way you think here… And I learned a new word “ding-ding”!!

unstpabl1

quote stevetuna:

Sounds like a situation where the Israeli Death Touch would be useful. That is an advanced technique, of course…

What Don said.

:(: If I ever make it to my sixth class, will you teach it to me

unstpabl1

quote Kirsten:

I like the way you think here… And I learned a new word “ding-ding”!!

You guys got a great looking facility up there. I want to move in.

Ding Ding came from a` 4 y/o who when asked why his dad was withering in pain said enthusiastically. “I KICKED HIM IN THE DING DING” and ran around the house with his hands in the air ala Rocky

phlegmon27

quote aristotelian:

Buy a gun.

Just kidding (kind of). Don is on point. You didn’t give us enough info to help you out. There’s a whole host of techniques that may work, but with such little intel there’s no way we can guide you.

kmcat

Would a tackle/lunge/roll at the knees and ankles as he rushes be a good tactic?

aristotelian

Nothing vauge about it. Guy’s running at full speed toward me. I can’t match his strenght.. so I have to use his own momemntum against him. What kind of detail do you want? The color of the floor? The tempeture of the room? To what side does he part his hair? He looked like he wanted to tackle me until, 3 other people grabbed on to him.

aristotelian

In what kind of fight do you have complete information anyway? Seems like a fight where you have complete information would be the easiest to avoid….
    Common Sense disguised as a Sun Tzu truisim..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: