Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Everything Krav Maga for Fitness book

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Looking to get everyone’s opinion on this book.

I bought this book a while back before I bought the Complete Krav Maga book.

Has anyone used it and if so what are your thoughts?

mara-jade

Re: Everything Krav Maga for Fitness book

My my, there’s quite a few new KM books coming out. They’re just kinda mushrooming:): I’m curious to know too

eric-joyce

quote HazardousSmoker:

Looking to get everyone’s opinion on this book.

I bought this book a while back before I bought the Complete Krav Maga book.

Has anyone used it and if so what are your thoughts?

I haven’t bought it, but I intend to soon. I browsed it and I liked what I saw. In my Krav Classes, we did quite a few of the exercises that were in the book. I think it would be a great supplement to your training.

Interesting and I’m not sure if there is any relation but one of the contributors of the book is Jeff Levine an instructor out of Austin, TX.

The Foreword of the book is by Krav Worldwide

quote Eric Joyce:

I haven’t bought it, but I intend to soon. I browsed it and I liked what I saw. In my Krav Classes, we did quite a few of the exercises that were in the book. I think it would be a great supplement to your training.

Thanks for the response Eric. I hoping to up my training the coming year and intend to use it as a supplement.

kravjeff

I hadn’t heard of the book – Looks like it could be good. Is this a KMAA book?

quote kravjeff:

I hadn’t heard of the book – Looks like it could be good. Is this a KMAA book?

No I see nothing stating that it is a KMAA book.

Deals mostly with the fitness behind Krav more than anything else.

ryan

The book was done by KMAA/KMW instructors, including Tina Angelotti, who is over the KMW fitness program.

Thank you for correcting me Ryan I’m still a newbie.

ryan

HS, I didn’t really mean it as a correction, just more information. All the best.

quote Ryan:

HS, I didn’t really mean it as a correction, just more information. All the best.

I didn’t take it that way no problem.

Thanks for the added info.

Tim

paragon

I have it too. I read it all the way through, and I like it. It goes into detail about how the muscle groups work and what kind of excercise is which. It even has some workouts you can follow.

It’s only like what, $20?

raneman

I had mentioned in a previous thread I would review the book after a read through and some feedback included from my g/f who is a certified trainer and has been in the fitness arena for 25 years.

The book can be bought for less than $20 from Amazon. I got it as part of a package deal and paid $12 for it. The book does some good background on Krav, how it started and why, etc. There is very good section on mental preparation that I found very inspiring. Included is nutrition(list specific food alternatives, impacts, and dietary advice), a section on muscle groups and how they work together, workout plans and commentary with pictures. Overall very focused and detailed plus it gives great ideas on approaches to a lifestyle of being healthy and Krav Maga(includes some cool statistical background about living longer, etc.).

My g/f found it very informative, especially on the muscle group explanations(without being overly technical and boring) and exercises, but she said the mental and nutrition/lifestyle stuff was written perfectly for the beginner or those getting “back” into shape.

I would recommend this book highly to both beginner and advanced.

Pete

mara-jade

Thanks for the review Pete – much appreciatedthumbsup

bradm

Just had to verify this. That is one of the books my wife bought me for Christmas (She is well aware of my interest in Krav Maga and fitness). I haven’t really read the book yet, but I plan on it. The other book she bought me was Krav Maga, The Contact Combat System of The Israel Defense Forces by David Kahn. I think this book has also be discussed in another thread somewhere. So far I have just glanced through it also, but from what I’ve seen, I’ve already learned all the techniques when I trained in Krav.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: