Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Everything Krav Maga for Fitness book

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    miriam

Re: Everything Krav Maga for Fitness book

quote Ryan:

The book was done by KMAA/KMW instructors, including Tina Angelotti, who is over the KMW fitness program.
    quote Raneman:

I had mentioned in a previous thread I would review the book after a read through and some feedback included from my g/f who is a certified trainer and has been in the fitness arena for 25 years.

The book can be bought for less than $20 from Amazon. I got it as part of a package deal and paid $12 for it. The book does some good background on Krav, how it started and why, etc. There is very good section on mental preparation that I found very inspiring. Included is nutrition(list specific food alternatives, impacts, and dietary advice), a section on muscle groups and how they work together, workout plans and commentary with pictures. Overall very focused and detailed plus it gives great ideas on approaches to a lifestyle of being healthy and Krav Maga(includes some cool statistical background about living longer, etc.).

My g/f found it very informative, especially on the muscle group explanations(without being overly technical and boring) and exercises, but she said the mental and nutrition/lifestyle stuff was written perfectly for the beginner or those getting “back” into shape.

I would recommend this book highly to both beginner and advanced.

Pete

To reiterate and emphasize your comments, Tina Angelotti authored this book, and she is not only the head fitness instructor, but also PHENOMENALLY knowledgeable and educated in fitness, anatomy, physiology, kinesiology…oh, yeah, and krav. For anyone who can get to her classes in West L.A., you need to. Her ability to take krav moves and integrate them into a fitness routine, while being adept at analyzing your movement and instructing you on exactly (and I mean, exactly) how to move your body to make the movement correct is truly amazing. She getstwo thumbs way up!!! thumbsupthumbsup

alamocitykid

quote Miriam:

To reiterate and emphasize your comments, Tina Angelotti authored this book, and she is not only the head fitness instructor, but also PHENOMENALLY knowledgeable and educated in fitness, anatomy, physiology, kinesiology…oh, yeah, and krav. For anyone who can get to her classes in West L.A., you need to. Her ability to take krav moves and integrate them into a fitness routine, while being adept at analyzing your movement and instructing you on exactly (and I mean, exactly) how to move your body to make the movement correct is truly amazing. She getstwo thumbs way up!!! thumbsupthumbsup

Tina worked with us on the beach at the LA summer camp in 2006. I agree with you, Miriam. She is very good at what she does. I will check this book out soon.

kevin-mack

I was turned off by the authors pretense of not knowing where the term “kravist” came from since we all know that David Kahn coined that term. There is also a part where they list the number of KM schools in the world but fail to mention that those are just KMWW schools…..2 schools in Israel??..cmon. There were one or two other things in the history part I did not like along the same lines. People can have whatever affiliation or preference they want but dont whitewash history. Darren Levine did alot to spread KM in America but he wasnt the only one. Two others graduated from the same instructors course and one of them…Alan Feldman opened the first privately owned KM school in the US and was the only one teaching KM on the east coast for almost 20 years. Its a disservice to history to say that one person introduced the system to the US when others played a significant role.
    I have nothing to say about the exercises they seem ok though I only glanced at them.

As a newbie, I’ve found the exercise, diet and mental prep stuff helpful. I bought it at the same time as starting classes a few months back. It’s been a good supplement for my training.

momosd

Excellent, excellent book. Very complete, informative, and practical both for the beginning student as well as instructors. As far as David Kahn, I cannot speak of him directly as an instructor. As an author, I have to say that his KM book leaves something to be desired.

brewerm

I really like it because there is much more than fighting techniques, stretching, yoga, etc as I am in this for fitness

I did some “Cardio Krav” (I think that was what they called it then) with Tina A. several years ago in Phili.
    It was intense. Paul Revlon (sp?) was next to me and even he seemed to struggle to get through it.

Good stuff from what I remember…..

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: