Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books evolving attacks and their defenses

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    kirsten

Re: evolving attacks and their defenses

Hmmm… I am thinking Darren is the boss of it and that if techniques need to be modified, they all go through him for final approval. Why they would need modification is based on changing threats and if somebody gives feedback on a technique. Things don’t change often, but they do and this is why it is important to keep going to KMW training. The instructors debate a technique and potential scenarious, apply the KM principles and work through it until they find it to be a solid technique. This does not happen overnight. Its taken seriously and may take some time.

I am planning on a trip to Israel for training in the next year or so with some other instructors and students. I am going mainly to look at the law enforcement and military applications with some other LEO’s. Should be interesting and fun!!

michaelmall

Kristen +Israel=oh sheet,Oneness.
    Those guys are hard,hard,hard core.

unstpabl1

quote greenbeanie:

Excellent point. As of late, most fights look like kickboxing matches. And that’s between fighters that are accomplished ground fighters.

Just note thats as much because of rule changes, refs standing them back up for lack of exciting action and a scoring system that doesn’t really seem to reward submission attempts as much as anything else. its definitely more like kb because thats more exciting to watch for the average fan.

0ne other thought on the thread is that krav, and I rarely post in this section due to lack of expertise, is that krav is not a technique based system,. Its princple based. To me that means basic combatives and fudamentals based on concepts. Once you learn the fundamentals and internalize the principles( and internalize is important) then you can adapt the system to your needs as opposed to you trying to imitate the set patterns like other arts. Your not trying to fit the system. your driving the bus..

Improvisation has basic rules,once learned the actor, jazz musician ar even krav guy riffs on the rules. he doesn’t have time to judge the action or wait for a board to decide the best course of action. Krav seems to be giving us the rules, the tools and the keys to the bus. Its up to us to drive. Pretty cool because I trust my driving better than anyone elses

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote :

0ne other thought on the thread is that krav, and I rarely post in this section due to lack of expertise, is that krav is not a technique based system,. Its princple based. To me that means basic combatives and fudamentals based on concepts. Once you learn the fundamentals and internalize the principles( and internalize is important) then you can adapt the system to your needs as opposed to you trying to imitate the set patterns like other arts. Your not trying to fit the system. your driving the bus..

Improvisation has basic rules,once learned the actor, jazz musician ar even krav guy riffs on the rules. he doesn’t have time to judge the action or wait for a board to decide the best course of action. Krav seems to be giving us the rules, the tools and the keys to the bus. Its up to us to drive. Pretty cool because I trust my driving better than anyone elses

My new favorite quote

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: