Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Finally – LEVEL 3 TEST DONE

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Re: Finally – LEVEL 3 TEST DONE

Way to go!

Wow four hours!

mara-jade

Honestly, I was waiting for it to be longerrofl2

jenn

Congratulations!!!

mara-jade

smokelaw1

Awesome! Congrats from another recent level 3 tester. I missed the “official” test date with all the guys I’ve been training with for a couple years. My instructor took “pity” on my and said if I could find a volunteer to be my testing buddy, he’d give me a one-off test after work some night.

I got a more advanced student to volunteer, and away we went. Because I was never holding for anyone, I was always “on.” Two minute breathers every 15 minutes (honestly, nicer than I thought he was going to be). Because there was only one “side” and he could watch me the whole time, the test FLEW by, and in less than 3 hours (closer to 2.5) we were done. It was shorter than level one or two (again, just me), but it was grueling. At the end of the last round of sparring (I think there were a total of maybe four rounds???), for the last 2.5 minutes (I think the last round was five minutes, but I could be completely wrong)of the round, the instructor came in as well, so two on one…I tried defending, it didn’t work to well…it was about [position, heart, and being a punching bag with my feet under me and my hands up. The bell rang, he said “that’s it…test over.” and I fell on the ground. He said “I’m going to give you a few more seconds, then we’re going to walk you around, because you know that’s better.” I spit out my mouthguard, peeled off my head and hands, and limped around the room sorta breathing and sorta walking….and smiling ear to ear…and I didn’t even know if I had passed yet.

So, I hear your pain, and I feel your pride. Feels SO good. Only a few weeks out, and nearly all the soreness is gone. Of course, my next class I got ELBOWED IN THE ANKLE while working blocks vs high side kick. Partner led with his elbow a tad much, and my own form wasn’t the best. Still sore and swollen. Oh well, it matches my f’d up hand.

I love this stuff.

Sorry for rambling all over YOUR congrats thread!

mara-jade

Oh no need to apologize – really. The last time we were gonna test (back in June last year), hubby found the pain in his side was a hernia, so that had to get fixed.

You know, now this means REALLY fun stuff – guns, knives..Maybe Pete will finally let me play with the shock knives. Oh then there’s Pete’s car in the center for carjacking nowrofl2rofl2rofl2

Congrats on making it through your test! We had to get water REALLY quick and the real break came only when we were putting on our gear to spar..geez 😛

We’ve been bad this week – but for all the time we put in and getting our a$$ handed to us, I think a break is worth it:woohoo:

jenn

mara_jade – don’t be too quick in wanting to play with the shock knives!!! Last Friday night James hand WAY too much fun with them in Expert. Group of 6 attacking 1, 2 shock knives randomly changing hands AND he hand one that he’d just zap attackers with. FUN. NOT lolol

mara-jade

Oh I got a try of it at the Pete’s Grand opening – it was different but we’ll see how it goes

farhan

Jade,

Level 1 was hard enough I can’t even imagine Level 3. Congrats!

mara-jade

Thanks! Oh Level 1 I was about 15 pounds heavier than I am now. I must’ve lost my mind then. I guess I didn’t find it since since I took THIS testrofl2rofl2

alamocitykid

MJ, congrats to you and John. I know how hard you worked thru all the setbacks and delays BTW, Henry instructed today in one of the hardest KO workouts I have had. I think he is no longer anyones’s friend in any workouts. BUT, he seems to keep an eye on me and if he thinks something is wrong, he is right there.

I guess you wont want to associate with some lowly lower level like me anymore!!

kirsten

Great job MJ to you and your hubby!! Just finishing is a huge acomplishment but I am sure you two rocked it out! Marriage therapy. 🙂

We pull cars inside our center for training and its so much fun! Sometimes we use patrol cars and hit the overheads while training in the dark… much much fun! Enjoy guys!

mara-jade

Thanks Kirsten! We played KM hooky all last week and also had my wisdom tooth pulled -blech. I have no idea if we passed. Honestly, the sparring scared me a bit – way packed in that room with both level 2 and level 3s:box2::combat:

Glad to see you back:wav:

mara-jade

quote Alamocitykid:

MJ, congrats to you and John. I know how hard you worked thru all the setbacks and delays BTW, Henry instructed today in one of the hardest KO workouts I have had. I think he is no longer anyones’s friend in any workouts. BUT, he seems to keep an eye on me and if he thinks something is wrong, he is right there.

I guess you wont want to associate with some lowly lower level like me anymore!!

Oh who are you kidding man? We just got our schedules not in sync is all. Besides, totally understand about you keeping wifey happythumbsup

Been out all last week so have no clue if we passed. I sure hope so as I really have no desire to take that test AGAINrofl2rofl2

mara-jade

WE PASSED!!!!:woohoo:
    Not bad for 2 old fartsrofl2:D:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: