Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics First Krav class at ATA….

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    future-swat

Re: First Krav class at ATA….

quote KruJoe:

IMHO I wouldn’t look at a class like this to get into shape. I’d rather spend the time working disarms, DT and practical training. Doing push-ups, Jumping Jacks, etc would be a waste of time. Especially for an hour class that meets twice a week.

Yes ty.I actually found him myself.Though his classes don’t start until april 1st.

future-swat

I also don’t appreciate Kru joes’s other post about the guy who teaches CKM in great neck being deleted from my post.He was trying to help.I have seen alot of biased opinions on this CKM deal which i will not get into.It however to me looks like a solid program and more realistic than the crap they teach at ATA.Krav is Krav in my opinion,no matter who is teaching it.Things evolve Krav in 20 years will not be the same as the Krav of today and will prob have a bunch of branches that break off and focus on diff things,and some that keep evolving which it should.Nothing works forever just as BJJ had to evolve and all other MA so will Krav.

That being said i am excited to actually know i may have found a good Krav school to call home:)

unstpabl1

Thing is CKM isn’t krav. All things have a linage. It may be a great system, but the statements of where and how it was created have been exposed. So it can be a touchy subject here. Think of it like a friend claiming he was a Navy Seal preparing you for SWAT school, then finding out he never was a SEAL. Anything he told you, becomes bs after that. Integrity becomes an important issue No?

Now, think about it….I recommended Dog brothers to you..it didn’t get deleted. Yes one person disagreed with my assesment on practicality for a cop, but we disagree on it…so what….Kirsten knows I’m right and she’s wrong:jerry:rofl2

This site exist to promote KMAA, but on another level why would they want to steer you toward a system that has made questionable claims as well as attacked Darren. I mean there are Krav alliance schools and IKMF out there where you could learn what you asked about….. Krav Maga.

CKM is what it is, as I said it may be a great system and maybe Moni is a genius who improved krav:dunno: but there is no way I would ever recommend him or his system to you, whether it upsets you or not. I only recommend to friends,systems whose integrities I’m sure of. If he lied about creating krav, how can I be sure he’s not lying about the improvments to krav. If he lied about his special forces background and teaching Sf’s improved krav, how can I recommend his ability to create a system to you, whose life may depend on it should you become a LEO

To most of us here, we take our recommendations seriously. I mean none of us are finacially rewarded for you training in krav. Personally I could care less what you do, when it comes down to it. However, I do care enough about helping answer your questions, even when you come off pissy. Why? I don’t get anything out of it, I waste time out of my life to do it and I don’t even take krav. So why do it? Because We’ve been around this stuff a long time and there is a lot of BS surrounding the Self Defense industry. Maybe we help steer someone in the right directions and away from the pitfalls. Because personally,I’ve wasted both the time and the money falling for the BS. hopefully you can at least appreciate that

That being said Good Luck in whatever you decide to persue

krujoe

This forum is quick to moderate a recommendation about a local CKM trained individual (who has also been certified via KMWW), but doesn’t care if a local KMWW affiliate has instructors that are not certified by KMWW conduct Krav training?

future-swat

quote KruJoe:

This forum is quick to moderate a recommendation about a local CKM trained individual (who has also been certified via KMWW), but doesn’t care if a local KMWW affiliate has instructors that are not certified by KMWW conduct Krav training?

My thoughts exactkly.Funny how the other guy who posted his 4 paragraph response said they wanted to direct people to legit people.Yet i asked about ATA krav and got no repsonses,well maybe 1.Then when i learned it was a bs class everybody was quick to defend it,and a bunch of ATA students popped up.Then when Joe links me a legit trainer his post is deleted.If ATA krav is real krav you can keep it.This guy im gonna go to is legit i don’t care what you guys think.

Look at who pays the bills. Be respectful, this is their house. Regardless of whether or not Aizik’s system is legit or not, he has used lies and deception to profit from the work and resources of the proprietors of this board, hence the name change from “combat Survival” to “Commando Krav Maga”. I know that the purists find it abhorrent, but this is a business, and he is a competitor. ‘Nuff said, use common sense and respect or this thread will be locked.

future-swat

quote Jeremy Stafford:

Look at who pays the bills. Be respectful, this is their house. Regardless of whether or not Aizik’s system is legit or not, he has used lies and deception to profit from the work and resources of the proprietors of this board, hence the name change from “combat Survival” to “Commando Krav Maga”. I know that the purists find it abhorrent, but this is a business, and he is a competitor. ‘Nuff said, use common sense and respect or this thread will be locked.

Wait am i supposed to be scared on a threat to lock a thread on the internet?Oh no!!!You threaten to lock it for what i never disrespected anybody.Go ahead lock it i don’t care i asked for info on a good school near me i got nothing.Then when i tried out a school and said it was a baddy,everybody who is affiliated with ATA come outta the woodwork.Where were they when i asked?Kru Joe gave me good advice on a good trainer near me,that is all i need.Lock it i don’t care i prob won’t be postin on here anymore anyways too much bs.Kinda reminds me of the old if your not trained by a brazillian in BJJ your not doin real BJJ crap people used to feed into.

maddogmean

I read unstapbl’s post as an FYI more than attack on CKM. If you choose to study CKM and it’s what you’ve been looking for, then it’s a good thing. If it doesn’t matter to you that the founder of the system has had some untruths surface in the past, then train away. FutureSwat, glad you found a system you’re happy with. Good luck in your training and future in law enforcement.

unstpabl1

Back in the post after you were disappointed in your expirience, I said I had hesitated to responding because I saw no upside….I’ve been proven right again.

I tried to steer you toward directions that could help with your career choice, But to be honest, I think your going to have problems with that because of attitude. Truthfully, I think you might have gotten a lot of help here with the career path thing even if you went to CKM. A few of the people your dissing at the moment happen to have alot of expirience with that and I noticed a lot more never got involved.

I usually try to help newbies on their 1st postings, but I honestly avoided yours because of number of them on day 1. I felt it was either trolling or just over enthusiasm and I wanted to feel you out as to who you are. So their was hesitency on my part. Either way my posts to you were an effort to offer you help

Sorry you pissed about the deletion. Big deal. I don’t speak for KMAA and don’t train in krav. But I do know if I had a forum to promote my business I wouldn’t allow it to be used as a free advertising tool for “ANY” of my competitors. I can only understand someone being pissed about it because their not smart enough to understand that.

On top of that i took the time to explain why I wasn’t recommending that in my 4 paragraph post to help “YOU”. Whether you agree with mine/our assesments of the CKM doesn’t really matter. What matters is that your happy with the training. Either way No Upside…good luck with your training

jonrogers44

yea i had the same problem there when I tried that place out. Its a joke, adn the guy is only concerned about money.

jjbklb

Why not go for at least a 5 mile run right before class?
    That way you’ll feel the class 1 exercises more.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: