Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics First Krav Maga Class…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Alright guys… so I just got back from my first Krav Maga class…I am dead. After the beginning workout of the class (which only consisted of about 10-15 minutes) I was totally winded.
    We started with lots of little workouts like jumping jacks, push ups
    bow1, situps, etc. but doing them one after another was pretty tiring. After that we stretched in ways I didn’t know were possible (prob need to take the Yoga suggestion) and then eventually moved onto the actual exercises.
    The instructor was a cool guy and he focused on hammer punches (i.e. stabbing) with a partner.
    We did all sorts of exercises with the hammer punches and then our last exercise we learned how to get out of a frontal choke hold, grab our partner’s wrist, pull them in and elbow them in the face. After we did that same exercise with our eyes closed, the class ended after about an hour and a half…all of this being said…

….

…..

……

…..

….

I f*cking loved it. :box2:

kmman

Re: First Krav Maga Class…

We knew you would!

ps … i know everyone told me not to burn myself out… but I definitely want to go at least 3 times a week. Do you guys really suggest against that…?

ruger45

quote TheMedicineMaestro:

ps … i know everyone told me not to burn myself out… but I definitely want to go at least 3 times a week. Do you guys really suggest against that…?

I’m glad you had a great time at your first class. I’m going 3 times a week as well, but I would think it’s up to you and your body. I take my classes and run the other two days. Goodluck!thumbsup

bracius

I started and February and I have been doing three classes since day one. My body didn’t want to but eventually we worked it out.

It’s the day after… and now I understand why people highly suggest giving your body a break. I feel like I was lifting heavy for 7 hours yesterday…my entire body is in pain. This is great.

Quick question… do most of you guys just do Krav or do some of you do Krav and go to a gym to lift? If you do both, what does your schedule look like?

lcash

You will eventually get over the pain as your body adapts and then you can increase the number of times but always remember that your body needs time and rest to recuperate. I still lift on days I am not at Krav. I go to Krav on Tues. and Thurs. I lift on Friday and Saturday. That leaves Sunday, Monday and Wednesday to rest.

Lcash

nixxon

Schedule:
    Mon- AM: Military PT PM: Krav
    Tues- PM: BJJ
    Wed- AM: Military PT PM: Krav
    Thrus- PM: BJJ
    Fri- PM: Krav
    Sat- AM: BJJ

I plan for that every week, and usually make 2 BJJ and 2 Krav classes a week depending on how I feel and how much sleep I get.

Jump right into 3 a week, if you get tired during class just slow it down and take some deep breaths sit on the side for a bit if needed and take some water. Explain to the instructor, alot of new students need some time to get “introducted” to Krav Maga.

bracius

I Agree with Lcash!

At first I was a mess. I pushed myself into class anyways (maybe not a good idea). After about three of fours classes not only was I not sore but I could do the entire class without curling up into a fetal position.

Ya unfortunately I don’t think I am going to make it tonight because I got to help someone move, but I’m definitely going to go tomorrow and again on friday or saturday. The muscle aching is what makes me want to go back so bad. I didnt realize what a good workout this stuff was

unstpabl1

i posted here last night. Sometimes I forget to send once in a while. Its only week one in a marathon. I hope the move is up alot of staitrsrofl2 3 days should be no problem, but only you know for sure. Using active rest days in between as your body acclimates you can do more. The problem is that youthful enthusiasm that everyone has at the beginning doesn’t last. Its more about establishing the habit at first

haha yea i feel like all of the new people starting krav (like myself) get so jacked up to begin that they say they are going to go “8 days a week ,AT LEAST once a day if not more!” hahah… once you actually go through that first class, you realize that you need to let your body recover or you won’t be very anxious to head back the 3rd or 4th time.

Quick question… the place im going charges about $100/month but you have to sign a 6 month contract. Do most places let you freeze that contract if you are going to school in the fall? I may be attending law school in the fall and if I sign up for a 6 month contract now it won’t expire until beginning of December and I’ll have to pay for about 3 months of time that I won’t even be going. This might be a problem for me as much as I loved it the other day… Have any of you had similar experiences??? What was the outcome??

nixxon

Where I train its almost like a big family, so there’s always all kinds of special circumstances. They are pretty leniant on freezes on accounts and stuff. I myself am in a 1 year contract for BJJ and Krav. Paying $106 a month.

kpalena

Never stop….never give up. Your instructor and Krav Maga will take you and your body to places you never thought possible. You are a lot stronger than you think you are.

Yea so I went tonight again it was a lot of fun. The pain from Wednesdays class actually went away once we started the class, but im sure itll return tomorrow morning haha. I talked to them and they were awesome about giving me a 3 month contract for the summer and then if Im still around I can renew it. If anyone is in the Glen Mills area, I highly suggest the place I go both because of the great classes and the cool instructors.

The best part is that I signed up tonight for 110/month, but I’m also allowed to attend jujitsu classes and aikido free of charge. Pretty sick deal.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: