Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    anonymous

Hmmmm, adding music to torture. Who would do a thing like that?

Talking about torture: You know this annoying squeaky sound chalk sometimes makes when you are writing on a black-board? How about recording that and then suddenly (or continuously) playing it while the students are trying to defend. It would be very hard not to wince and turn hearing that sound, yet you would have to try and fight it and still make the defense. One could also give ear protection to the attackers, so they will have an advantage in not hearing the sound. Crazy, but it may have potential… 😉

g-v

Re:

Yes, while using real knives and guns [with live rounds] for defense drills. Come on, we need more realism, people! Let’s do rape ‘scenarios’…whip it out and try to bugger your sparring partner, ya know, just in case one day you’ll land in prison and will have to fight your way thru amorous cell-mates.

anonymous

Well, I guess it can get lonely in prison, so amorous cell mates may not be such a bad thing in the long run…. 8)

g-v

Re:

What man needs most is love, right? 😆

Seriously though boys, ain’t pushing for yet more realism in an already realistic fighting training regimen a tad over the edge if you’re anything but a bodyguard, political assassin, professional rapist, or so forth?

I was on another forum where concealed carry was being discussed, and one dude was talking about how he totes around an hk in a pancake holster, a glock mini by his ankle, and two combat folders…\”just in case\”.
    From what I recall, he was a real estate agent. 😯

kravmdjeff

Overboard: Putting students’ safety at risk during training for the sake of realism.

Not overboard: Engaging all five senses in training.

g-v

Re:

True.

I should have posted that in the pertinent real knife defense drill thread. Pardon.

anonymous

I agree with KravMDjeff, you wouldn’t want to put the student’s lives at risk, that would be counterproductive, but what’s wrong with coming up with some new and innovative ways to train? Otherwise, people will get bored. So much fun stuff to do that doesn’t have to be dangerous. Training in regular clothes, going down to the garage, different environments (staircase maybe), working on different angles and distances, with obstacles (tables, walls), inside a car, outside the car (the Alex Gong situation), sitting on a chair or bench, lying down (even with covers sometimes – a guy may break into the house while you are in bed, asleep), the \”drunk\” goggles, the scary music thing, even the real knife (carefully, of course!!), a combination of all of the above…. Lots of fun, realistic stuff to try. Let’s do it!! 😀

betolito

Two Words

Juno Reactor. They are by far the best at this genre. Check out Bible of Dreams or Shango. I’ve actually seen them live and they are even better.

they do have music for training, such as Samurai and Hotaka.

They did the score for The Matrix 2 and Mortal Kombat. Let me know what you think!

clfmak

Juno Reactor is some of the only techno that I like. I remember the song \”pistolero\” from Shango was used throughout the movie \”Once Upon a Time in Mexico\”. The problem may be that in this sort of training, you want to avoid repetitive rhythms.

vicious

i like music during training. harder rock gets my adrenaline going. the bigger the A-dump i feel, the closer it feels to fighting for real. No, i don’t feel i’ve dependent on the music for motivation, more like the music just brings me to a closer to how i feel everytime i’ve ever gotten into a fight. just my opinion though, and i realize not everyone is this way.

kravmaga1

What we play here is:

1. Rammstein
    2. The Prodigy
    3. The Crystal Method
    4. KMFDM
    5. Front 242
    6. Marilyn Manson
    7. P.O.D.
    8. PaPa Roach
    9. Korn
    10. White Zombie/Rob Zombie

Thoughts?

daki

Re:

quote \”kravmaga1\:

What we play here is:

1. Rammstein
    2. The Prodigy
    3. The Crystal Method
    4. KMFDM
    5. Front 242
    6. Marilyn Manson
    7. P.O.D.
    8. PaPa Roach
    9. Korn
    10. White Zombie/Rob Zombie

Thoughts?

I’d go to class just for the music. 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: