Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics good words about Darren and km in the US

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    mayersgeorge

It was very nice and very refreshing to finally see in a new book written by an Israeli master photos of Darren with all the black belts of Imi and also to read some nice words about him and the km in the USA.
    I have heard many israelis speaking not very nice about about Darren, so I think its a good change

mara-jade

What book was it? I’ve seen a few new books pop up over on Amazon 😀

mayersgeorge

I got the book at this link:

http://www.kravmagaexams.pro.br/thebook

its called the book of krav-maga – the bible

veganmark

Thanks George. I’m Jewish and can’t wait to get the book. I noticed that all the names of exercises appear in Hebrew. That is soo cool. Thanks again for the link.

mayersgeorge

shalom then…
    yes, there is even a fonetic dictionary in the end of the book with all the names of the techniques in hebrew translated to english. very refreshing.
    you can buy from them no worries, I got the book quickly, no problems.

giant-killer

Seems to be that Yaron Lichtenstein book. Someone mentioned it before.

mayersgeorge

Yes it is the book of Yaron Lichtenstein, and quoting an email I received today from Eyal Yanilov’s organization: ìyaron was one of imi’s top ten studentsîÖÖ

whatever

Yaron Lichtenstein…Oh my G-d…As I saw his videos, maybe green belt would be OK for him.

ryan

Yes, the vids on that site are not good (I’m trying to be nice, here.)

giant-killer

So, who is he exactly? Says he is a ninth degree Black Belt??

rick-prado

His brother teaches in Brazil and seems to be very good, I don’t know what happened to him.

If you watch his videos, on the stick defense, he never controls the stick and relies on a single punch to incapicitate his attacker. He also leaves the attacker with stick in hand to turn and face another opponent.

I’ve read articles where he disparages Darren, so take it with a grain of salt.

giant-killer

So, if his technique sucks, how did he get that ninth degree BB thing? Is it real?

ryan

\”So, if his technique sucks, how did he get that ninth degree BB thing? Is it real?\”

Does it really matter? Watch the vids. Those kicks around the tree are hilarious. His punches look like something I expect to see in level one classes.

Zen and Krav Maga…are you kidding me?

He says he lived \”every day\” with Imi for twenty years. There are TWO photos of him and Imi on the site.

oldkravdude

If I’m not mistaken we talked about this guy in another thread and John W. said that he and Darren had never heard of the guy and that nobody they know has ever heard of the guy. I’d say the living with Imi quote couldn’t possibly be true. One lie makes him a liar as far as I’m concerned. I believe the word I used in the other thread was FRAUD.

mayersgeorge

Well, we have a few problems, for all the good people here….

First of all, in the book there is kind of an album with about 30 photos, including photos of Yaron and Darren. Make no mistake, its Yaron and Darren, and of course photos of Yaron with Imi and with all the other students of Imi.

Second, until this moment something like two thousand books were sold in the USA (look at the publisher site). So many people by now know many things about Yaron, Imi and the krav-maga. And by the way, I think it will sell many more books because itís really a very good book.

third, I do not know what happened in the past, and if its true or not, but in the book he talks very nice about Darren and also shows a picture of Imi, Darren and himself and many other black belts in a course that took place in Wingate Institute.

So, from my point of view, and I understand the politics behind trying to eliminate others, but the krav-maga was created in Israel, and Imi had students in Israel, and Yaron is one of them. The book reveals it all. Maybe we are shooting ourselves in the head in this case.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: