Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    blokrocbet

Re: grapplers circut

Now is crossfit circut training weight trainng a combo of them all. I guess ill have to look at the WOD to get a feel for it. More importantly can i do these exercises at home?

kirsten

Absolutely! Check out this thread… Its for starters and has a downloadable list that a user compiled of all bodyweight WOD’s.

http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=38312

All bodyweight WOD’s (Workout Of the Day) that you can do at home, or at a track, or anywhere… I started with these. I am working up to using my SWAT vest with some for added resistence.

blokrocbet

IS there a list of exercises? the same workout can be called diffrent things depending on where you live. are the WOD based on that list of exercises?

garddawg

Good catch Kirsten. I had not seen that thread.

There is also Eva’s blog.

http://skievat.blogspot.com/

Eva owns CrossFit Santa Cruz Central and posts No Equipment Necessary CrossFit WOD’s.

garddawg

Free vids and tutorials:
    http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/excercise.html

Not all work safe/family safe

blokrocbet

OK i think i get, but if i wanted to use the crossfit model where do i start WOD? or is there a routine? I know it sounds remedial but im new

kirsten

Not sure about the question you are asking but I hope this helps. The workout of the day is different everyday. They post up a free workout for you to follow or you can use an old one. You start by just find a WOD that looks like fun (hahahaha) and try it. It may have you doing sets of lunges, squats, etc for a certain amount of reps… They have names like “Annie” or “Eva”… Take a look at the video links posted here and follow along!

Good luck.

leejam99

great find on the body weight workout list!

One advise i want to give you “blockrocbet” if you are planning on doing the Crossfit.com WODs. Please know that those workouts as they are posted are not for beginners when it comes to the reps, weights, etc. You should scale the workout to your abilities. I would suggest that you find a gym near by that does CrossFit and check them out.
    also check out the FAQ page on Crossfit.com. there’s a lot of information.

As for poor forms in the video, “practice does not make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect .” Always use the best form you can.

kirsten

Yeah… The issue of scale on reps and weights is pretty self-correcting after the first one (OUCH)! :Surprised:

kirsten

Speaking of “ouch” James, are you going to carve out time to attend Oneness’ seminar for KM instructors next month at the NTC?

leejam99

i just got an email about it from Kelly couple days ago. I’m gonna try my best to be there.

zen4me

quote Kirsten:

Absolutely! Check out this thread… Its for starters and has a downloadable list that a user compiled of all bodyweight WOD’s.

http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=38312

All bodyweight WOD’s (Workout Of the Day) that you can do at home, or at a track, or anywhere… I started with these.

Kirsten,

Thanks so much for posting this link. I’ve been itching to checkout CrossFit but find the local gym’s are out of my price range when I factor in Krav too. This will allow me to do some of the stuff without going broke to feed my fitness addiction!

– Kelly

kirsten

Your welcome! You don’t need much… I made my own medicine balls for training. A cheap rubber ball from the dollar store, some sand and a roll of ductape and you have a training tool! They have a thread on the CF forum on how to make your own equipment too…

Good Luck!

blokrocbet

Whats scaling?

kirsten

scaling… scale back the reps and weights as needed when starting out.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: