Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Personal Gear Discussion hats, headbands, something to stop the sweat

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

I tend to sweat like a pig when I workout. Has anyone had any luck wearing something on their head: bandana, headband, do rag, hat that stops the sweat from dripping all over the place ?

Re: hats, headbands, something to stop the sweat

I’ve had students wear headbands, looks silly but seems to mitigate it somewhat. I just use a towel.

mara-jade

Liquidpremium,

Welcome to the forum! Yeah, I”m with Jeremy- I just use a towel too:wav:

Jeremy-HEY MAN! Where have you been? Nice to see you aroundthumbsup

quote mara_jade:

Liquidpremium,

Welcome to the forum! Yeah, I”m with Jeremy- I just use a towel too:wav:

Jeremy-HEY MAN! Where have you been? Nice to see you aroundthumbsup

Life just gets in the way. I knew the forum was in good hands with you, CJ’s Dad and Kirsten.

markx3

I got my ass chewed for trying to wear a headband during phase testing in L.A. a few years ago. I guess I looked like an idiot with it on or something, but I thought that was my normal look.

phlegmon27

I wear an UnderArmor skull-cap under my headgear for sparing, otherwise I just spend all class appologizing to my partner 🙂

ems-warlord

quote phlegmon27:

I wear an UnderArmor skull-cap under my headgear for sparing, otherwise I just spend all class appologizing to my partner 🙂

This sounds like a good idea.

kmky

shake the sweat in their eyes while grappling, that works wonders

bearhammer

I use a headband sometimes in class and definitely keep a towel close by as well.

side note:

in class the other day working on ground defense kicks, I kicked the kick shield my partner was holding crisply. As my partners body went backward, his head snapped forward, knocking the sweat off of his brow and directly into my eye.

It burns! :(:

sicpuppy

Funny as it may sound… I use my kids’ old diapers…

These are the cloth diapers, and no they have not been used on their butts…. lol They used them as “woozies”… something to snuggle against their faces…

hebrewdewd
    Blocked

quote ghostvet:

Funny as it may sound… I use my kids’ old diapers…

That is vulgar and disgusting. Please stop trolling.

I choose to grow my hair slightly longer. I have thick, curly hair so it absorbs sweat easily. When I visited Mecca to compete in a Krav competition at the age of 14, noone had sweat gear, yet remained dry. The judiciary told me, (as my brother was being wheeled into an ambulance for a dislocated femur, that soon became infected and killed him) that if youre in a calm and relaxed environment, your body does not feel the need to sweat as much. They also explained how the Chinese practise of Feng Shui subconsciously relaxes the body to the point of not needed to sweat. I have since incorporated Feng Shui into my workplace and my home.

krav-is-lyfe
    Blocked

@Ghostvet you have to stop trolling on this forum. I’ll lobby to get you kicked out.

I remember i was competing in a competition in Dnepropetrovsk in Ukraine, and my right ring finger was snapped after i was trying to escape out of a toe hold.
    Later on that battle in the Junior Krav Championships in Tel-Aviv, my sister who was 16 at the time was hijacked whilst warming up by an al-Qaeda affiliated Islamic Militant group. We don’t know whether she’s alive or not, but we’ve seen some videos were she was shot in the head, then decapitated, while the rebels were screaming “Allah Akbaar!”

Someone please help me..

quote HebrewDewd:

That is vulgar and disgusting. Please stop trolling.

It’s not. We use them to soak up messes in the kitchen. You’d be surprised at how useful they are once you get past what they were previously used for. Or you could buy some new ones.

krav-is-lyfe
    Blocked

quote TacticalTimmy:

It’s not. We use them to soak up messes in the kitchen. You’d be surprised at how useful they are once you get past what they were previously used for. Or you could buy some new ones.

can someone please get TacticalTimmy removed from this forum? I’m starting to think he’s on this forum for humourous purposes. He doesn’t realise that some of us (included myself) have had our sisters hijacked by PLO terrorists or like HebrewDewd, our siblings were killed by mysterious Iranian doctors.

TacticalTimmy, i hope you are ashamed of yourself! You are a piece of pork, and you deserve to be kicked out of this forum. If i were you, i wouldn’t post in this forum ever again, and would just give up on life.

k1ll-th3-j3ws
    Blocked

yeah like i remember this one time, i was in the desert, and i came across this crippled old man. So i shoved him off his wheelchair, pulled out each of his finger and toe nails, i then ate them (bcoz it’s good karma =P) and then fed him his own penis. I then snapped his verterbrae, and said “Allah is great!” and walke through the desert.

UPon arrival to Osama bin Laden’s grave, i urinated on an Israeli flag (coz that’s also good karma =P) and cried because OBL, a national hero, had been slayed by the MOTHER****ING AMERICANS. and the ****** mcjews have played their role, and will pay for this. ALlah is great.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: