Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Have you used KM in real life

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    unstpabl1

Re: Have you used KM in real life

quote DKatman:

I think I use KM most moments of most days.

Last night, I was walking to the restroom in a comedy club. As I walked through, I did visualize how I would kill each person I walked by as I made my way to the restroom if they jumped out at me. Luckily for all of us, we never found out if it would have worked.

This is funny and really happened. I am not sure why the thought crossed my mind at the time, but I am just illustrating that Krav is also about the awareness and preparedness. In that, I truly do feel I actively use it all the time.

Dave

i don’t think your Stand up Comedy is that bad that you’d have to kill everyone in the room…3/4’s of them at most:dunno:

oldkmdude

Come on, this is getting a little silly. I used Krav Maga today when making coffee. I decided that if the coffeemaker jumped out at me, I’d probably use 360 defense #1, unless it came straight at me, in which case I’d use an inside defense. Either way, I’d follow up with a right cross, an elbow, and then grab and go for some knees. Then I’d go out an buy a new coffeemaker. I’d keep the old one right next to it just to show the new one that I’m not a man to be trifled with.

quote jjbklb:

Today’s banks & big store chains tell their employees to essentially bend over
    & take it when a criminal act occurs.I think any attempt at resistance by using your self-defense skills would lead to a spot on the unemployment line.

A sad state of affairs indeed.

This is what is needed. They have the right idea. 😀

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2PXb7xKhcI

jjbklb

quote oldKMdude:

Come on, this is getting a little silly. I used Krav Maga today when making coffee. I decided that if the coffeemaker jumped out at me, I’d probably use 360 defense #1, unless it came straight at me, in which case I’d use an inside defense. Either way, I’d follow up with a right cross, an elbow, and then grab and go for some knees. Then I’d go out an buy a new coffeemaker. I’d keep the old one right next to it just to show the new one that I’m not a man to be trifled with.

==========
    Time to lay off the Espresso & switch to de-caf.

Where is that quadruple face palm demotivational poster when you need it…

thecrownsown

quote DKatman:

I think I use KM most moments of most days.

Last night, I was walking to the restroom in a comedy club. As I walked through, I did visualize how I would kill each person I walked by as I made my way to the restroom if they jumped out at me. Luckily for all of us, we never found out if it would have worked.

This is funny and really happened. I am not sure why the thought crossed my mind at the time, but I am just illustrating that Krav is also about the awareness and preparedness. In that, I truly do feel I actively use it all the time.

Dave

You need help. I’m not joking. If you are visualizing killing people with this type of frequency you could be a danger to yourself or others. It isn’t funny. It’s disturbing. Please, get a check up. It isn’t funny at all….

quote TheCrownsOwn:

You need help. I’m not joking. If you are visualizing killing people with this type of frequency you could be a danger to yourself or others. It isn’t funny. It’s disturbing. Please, get a check up. It isn’t funny at all….

100% in agreement. Most normal people visualize this thing once or twice a year and not on a frequent basis.

cmetalman

.Every morning when I get up I throw my self off the bed into a forward roll and continue with the rolls until I reach the bathroom where I then use a forward thrust kick into the door to make sure there are no ninjas behind the door to keep me from empting my bladder, which we all know can be fatal… the day just begins

kmman

My wife asked me if she looks good in a outfit. I was going to tell her I didnt like the shirt but then my Krav Maga training kicked in and out came “that’s a beautiful outfit and it goes with your eyes”.

cmetalman

The old “tell her what she wants to hear” defense, I have used it many of times.

Might as well put some tinfoil on some of these people who ” think ” someone is out to get them. Such paranoia causes brain cancer. :D:

cmetalman

Explain the black helicopters circuring my house.

Let’s get the thread back on track. Have you used KM in real life

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Well I happen to agree with Dave to some extent.

My situational awareness is off the charts and whereas I don’t actually visualize killing someone I am perpetually running scenarios through my head.

I know where my exits are at all times, I know who could pose a problem, I know what improvised weapons I can use at any given moment.

It is better to be prepared for a problem and not have one than to have a problem and not be prepared.

I’m not paranoid, I’m prepared. When the Sh1t hits the fan I will be the last man standing, and theres no doubt in my or anyone who knows me’s mind.

I believe what Dave was sharing is because of his Krav Maga training he now thinks tactically in his day to day life.

And personally, I applaud that because at the end of the day, Dave and his family are going home safe.

kmman

Just because I’m paranoid doesn’t mean the world is NOT out to get me 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: