Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    sexybaldman

Re:

quote \”XKirian\:

quote \”SexyBaldMan\:

I disagree..I have a solid hit, and I don’t push and I get the bag rocking and rolling…:)

SBM, we can agree to disagree, but it’s not about how \”hard\” you can hit it’s about \”how\” you hit a heavy bag. A 100 pound bag is more then enough weight to be useable without tying it down.

Case in point, if Mike Tyson, Bas Rutten and Chuck Liddel (three cats that can hit pretty hard if you ask me ;)) can use 100 pound bags effectively with out a tie down, then you probably can.

IMHO of course,
    Kirian

I do agree…I know I can work a heavy bag without a tie down, but that is with my 150lbs bag. My 70lbs bag is another story..When I use a roundhouse kick the bag bout hits the ceiling..:) I guess it also depends on what you want to look for when working the bag..Tie downs are good if you might want to work on technique. But if you just want to get a good workout in and get the heart pumping, then tying down is probably not a good idea…Either way, both methods acheive different goals..imho..

gnl101

I’ve not been \”pushing\” and if I only hit once or twice it’s fine but after a few hits from different angles and sides the bag starts swinging. It’s on a rather long chain which may have something to do with it also.

My bag doesn’t have straps on the bottom so I think I’ll take the suggestion to use the swinging to my advantage and adapt where and when I’m punching.

Thanks for all the input.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: