Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    morris

Re: help maybe?

thanks for the youtube links!

In the past the fights have usually just been short brotherly scuffles, with some accidents that really hurt. usually afterward he says he’s really sorry (aka please don’t take me to court) and is really nice. but he seriously hurt me last time, and just threatened to do it again if we ever argue, hence me wanting to know how to defend myself.

sorry for any bad grammer or punctuation. I’m on my phone.

kmyoshi

If you cannot attend classes, you should at least have a partner to do the defenses with. You need to do compliant drills first to learn the techniques and after you’re proficient at doing it slowly, do it at normal speed with a resisting partner.

Like what others have said, fighting back now will most likely escalate the situation. One of the principles of Krav Maga is to do as much damage as quickly as possible and get the hell out. I would not stick around after fighting back to see if he’s open to having an adult conversation with WORDS not FISTS.

judyfholmes
    Blocked

If you don’t have any martial arts experience then krav maga is not right for you as it requires extreme training and hard work and also it is not possible learning it by means of online video or through some books. You should start from joining some taekwondo school as taekwondo is not so costly and it also didn’t require expert.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote judyfholmes:

If you don’t have any martial arts experience then krav maga is not right for you as it requires extreme training and hard work and also it is not possible learning it by means of online video or through some books. You should start from joining some taekwondo school as taekwondo is not so costly and it also didn’t require expert.

That makes about as much sense as taking up underwater basket weaving because the scuba gear might scare him off.

beach-ranger

quote CJs Dad:

That makes about as much sense as taking up underwater basket weaving because the scuba gear might scare him off.

I thought the same thing.

One of the principles of Krav Maga is “techniques must be accessible to the average person, not just athletes.”

Perhaps it should be added “not just martial artists” or “brave people”.

don

http://www.e-budo.com/forum/showthread.php?52635-David-Hall-Presentation-at-Japan-Society-of-Northern-California post #5

IMO, “judyfholmes” = spammer or bot or something else similar – lots of other memberships to lots of other websites (wide variety), many very recent…

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: