Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Help, My knee’s don’t like the exercise

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    ndtonc

Re: Help, My knee’s don’t like the exercise

Are you stretching after you work out? Many times tight muscles in the quads or hamstrings can cause pulling on the knee joint which contributes to knee pain.

I saw a chiropractor who does a technique called “Nimmo”. He went in and found old knots or trigger points in my muscles and applied intense pressure to them to break them up. After a few weeks of continued therapy my knee pain went away.

Massage therapy helps too.

inky

WD-40

Yes i am crazy but after jogging i was getting massive pain in my knees and my jogging buddie gave me some… WD-40 and it worked…. how???? placebo effect???
    everything is worth a shot i suppose. I also found some cheep knee braces that work pretty good too, there uncomfertable to train or jog in but better then pain.

~Cheers!

zen4me

quote scottppa:

Hello, Don and everyone –

New to this forum – found it after googling for Krav and knee injuries. I’ve only been in Krav Maga for a few months and my progress has been slow, but now it’s even more hampered – was warming up in KMFit class about 10 days ago and felt a “pop” in my left knee. Stupidly, I gutted it out and finished the class. Turns out I tore the medial cartilage in my left knee – I’m day 4 postop now. What’s frustrating is that I LOVE this – I’ve been out of class since the injury and I’m going CRAZY. I see my orthopedic surgeon in follow-up tomorrow, but I know it’s going to be a while until I can be back in class again. I don’t have a bag or pads at home – any suggestions on what I can do to keep working my Krav in the meantime? Should I let my instructor know? Don – good luck and take care of those knees! I’m glad it wasn’t a ligament or anything, but I’ll tell you — this is FRUSTRATING!

Scott, having returned to Krav after ACL replacement my recommendation is to NOT rush back. Krav is hell on the knees and you’ll want to make sure its really stable before you return full force. That said, you could always do very slow review of the different moves you’ve learned and shadow boxing is always good too – again, slow!!

– Kelly

unstpabl1

[quote=garddawg;50027]Don
    2. Take Fish Oil. Lots of it. Your joints will thank you, your heart will as well.

Jeff, whats lots of it and whats too much? Hope your doing great

mgothers

Those that mentioned the pain after running (Inky this may help more then the WD-40, but i like that idea!!!), try looking at your running method/style. Check out this web site, my crossfit trainer had me look into this and with his help i was able to run the Army 10 Miler last year with out killing my self or my knees!!
    http://www.posetech.com/

garddawg

[QUOTE=unstpabl1;50288]

quote garddawg:

Don
    2. Take Fish Oil. Lots of it. Your joints will thank you, your heart will as well.

Jeff, whats lots of it and whats too much? Hope your doing great

Mike,
    I take about 25,000 mg a day. Yes lots.

Very busy right now Mike. I am in charge of the judges, for the Arizona, Cali, Hawaii regionals for the CrossFit Games, developing a traveling team for our CrossFit Kids certs, still trying to run my little gym.

Spent some time in Ohio at Westside Barbell and presenting at the Arnold Sports Festival. Life’s good, but very busy.

unstpabl1

Little gym, looks awesome to me Jeff. Good that your busy. Keeps you out of trouble

That is a lot of fish oil. I just started taking it for a few reasons. Started with 1000 mg twice a day.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: