Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Hisardut Dennis Hanover system

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    satilan

Re: Hisardut Dennis Hanover system

quote No Mercy:

Well you know smart man once said “sometimes the most smart thing to say is saying nothing at all”….

I will say nothing then. LoL.
    (I PM’d Unstabl)

unstpabl1

;):

quote No Mercy:

You cant be more wrong. About the history i wont get into it cos like you said you learn what you know from other forums so i can understand your knowledge is so far from realty.

Krav Maga and Hisrdut are 100% Isreali systems.
    Imi Lichtenfeld wasn’t trained bye British army. He is the father of KM system yes it takes elements from other system and adjust them do the street life. the system has its moves and techniques.

About the things you say about IDF and Hagana/Palmah. Well you know smart man once said “sometimes the most smart thing to say is saying nothing at all”….

Okay I’ starting to worry about reading comprehension skills here. ;):I’m going to attempt one last time to attempt to rectify this as quickly as possible.

1) I was on another forum getting hammered by a couple posters for defending Israel. I was tired of it and didn’t want to look up links to back my statements here as I’d been doing it for 2 days on the other forum.

2) your wrong on how I get my info. I love history and am read at least 2 books a week. Forums are not how I get info other than to network.

3) Your insinuation about my intelligience is just a childish swipe. A smart man would have taken the time to explain where the errors in the discussion on the Palmach was according to the history you’ve been taught. Could’ve added to the discussion. I might have learned something.

I’ve read the line on Imi and have a great deal of respect for him and krav. I can understand emboldening the 100% Israeli created system and a sense of National pride over it. I am not trying to detract from that. All nations have that pride in their martial arts. The Korean, Indo’s, Japanese etc. Each have their own take on things, but stripped down the look amzingly alike because the stole from each other.

But new martial arts aren’t born in a void. Their collected and refined. The militaries of the world don’t turn to one guy and say make it up. They bring in all the top instructors and video’s they can find . A training cadre will get together and disect the info and come up with a training sylabus. Its a collabrative effort under the oversite of a commanding officer who is picked by his knowledge of the subject. He picks his subordinates based on their knowledge of the subject.Then as results come in things are constantly reevalued. Thus a military system is developed whether it be H2H, small arms, Dogfighting tactics.

They build on the old and study the new looking to inovate. There are inovations in krav but the techniques are in other systems. Truth is truth in combat. Whats effective is effective. Almost every other martial artist will look at the techniques in Darrens and John’s book will recognize the techniques. We do that. Thats why so many out of shape beginners come here and want to be instructors in a week. They think they know the system cause they know the techs from other systems. What they don’t get is the genius in the system and the Original Israeli uniqueness is the practical mindset Imi demanded in the system. The drills and the training methology. Satilan pointed this out in an earlier response as well

I realize Imi wasn’t trained by the British, but the early beginnings of the IDF were till about 1943 ish. Early Israeli tactics were based on that training and melded into the blossuming IDF. Its not a leap to see WWII combatives as a genisis as you have to assume it being used already. I could be wrong and they tanked anything The British taught them.

Don’t know anyway this thread became much more advisariel than I intended. But I don’t have an attitude on most things and am always willing to learn. So don’t look at me as an enemy, suck it in and give my intelligence the benefit of the doubtrofl2and feel free to educate me

Take care

satilan

We’re all friends here man.

no-mercy

unstpabl1, you dont understan that krav maga is not a MARTIAL ART.
    Like i said krav maga and Hisrdut take elements from other systems and make them work for the street life
    I don’t wahnt to talk about the IDF… its not the place.
    But overall the British army gave us guns and taught us the basics of army formation and organization. The way IDF fights and Hagana/Palnah is nothing like the British army in the past or at present.

unstpabl1

quote No Mercy:

unstpabl1, you dont understan that krav maga is not a MARTIAL ART.
    Like i said krav maga and Hisrdut take elements from other systems and make them work for the street life
    I don’t wahnt to talk about the IDF… its not the place.
    But overall the British army gave us guns and taught us the basics of army formation and organization. The way IDF fights and Hagana/Palnah is nothing like the British army in the past or at present.

thumbsupI do understand that its not a martial art. Though some of the vids you posted here of late got me wonderingrofl2 I’m teasing you of course.

But in their defense all matial arts were at first put together to work in the streets or on battlefields. Its what happens to them when they get commercialized thats always the worry. If you get a chance watch the Fight Quest Kajukenbo episode, then go to watch a kenpo class. Big difference in focus

Take care

Take care buddy

unstpabl1

quote Satilan:

I will say nothing then. LoL.
    (I PM’d Unstabl)

I needed that PM 2 days ago for the other discussion. That definitly went into a save mode. Thanks. Sorry I wasn’t more clear in the initial post

satilan

quote unstpabl1:

I needed that PM 2 days ago for the other discussion. That definitly went into a save mode. Thanks. Sorry I wasn’t more clear in the initial post

Glad to help.

vinman

Dennis Hanover is one bad motherfvcker !!!

He is one of a few instructors I would eventually like to meet (along with Itay Gil)

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: