Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    g-v

You guys seriously like this movie? I just don’t get it. I mean, action scene-wise, yeh, the fight scenes rocked. But damn, other than that, the movie blew. Wot is up?! 😕 😕 😕

kravmdjeff

Yeah, the movie was so-so. I’m not mad I watched it but at the same time i probably wouldn’t watch it again.

Something related came up in a knife-seminar our studio had on Saturday. A regular streetfighter…someone who is accustomed to violence, but otherwise has no formal regulated training…wouldn’t they be able to identify viable targets and striking surfaces just from common sense? I mean, Viggo’s character in the movie could have done the same amount of damage without any training if he simply had fighting experience, a natural tendency toward violence (see the title of the movie) and was relatively intelligent and reflective about his encounters.

Trust me, I’m not advocating a lack of training. But the first scene showed that he didn’t know intricate tactics of multiple attackers with weapons…it just showed that he was really aggressive and violent.

I guess my point is that MA training is out of context with the rest of the story. Being trained to fight adds nothing to the story. Being willing, even eager, to fight is central to the plot.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: