Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics How long does it take in KM ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

How long does it take normally for some one in KM to move up the belt ranks ?

What belt ranking system does KMWW use ? Thank you.

kmman

Re: How long does it take in KM ?

https://kravmaga.com/programs/self-defense/

mara-jade

Just be aware those are not hard and fast rules. Everyone learns at a different pace. Life sometimes get in the way too. Hubby and I got hurt quite a few times before we were able to test for Level 3.

Getting that belt is great I won’t lie but let your body tell you when you’re ready. Forget about where everyone else is-ahead of you, behind you, screw all that. I speak from experience:wav:

As a side note, if you become consumed by your goal you will forget to enjoy your journey, which is all the belt really does anyway: signify to others and remind you that you made the journey.

kmman

In my limited MA experience I have found competing against yourself ONLY will not only have you not concerned with when you get a new belt/ranking but it actually helps you get there quicker. By competing with yourself you tend to work on your weaknesses more instead of trying to keep up with the pack…even if youre ahead of the pack by competing with others its all “good enough”…just my experience.

Thank you guys for your feedback. I can not wait to start Krav Maga classes next week. :woohoo:

unstpabl1

Te belt techs/rankings are in The Complete Krav Maga by Darren and John Whitman.

lions2011

I am still in level -1 which is the yellow belt class. I have been to more level 1 classes than any other student in my program. I have noticed many students leave level 1 after 40 classes and some of them do not have great technique and rush into level2-3 without properly learning the technique right.
    i do plan on starting the level2-3 in the fall. Will not go past level 3 through.
    Plan on spending a good solid 6 months in level 1 and try to attend class a tleast twice per week.
    Basically spend 6 months per each of the first 3 levels then probably a full year or so to get past level 4 or 5

Level 1- focuses on all the core basic moves. Most important level. Why I have not moved passed it. Level 1 has the famous 7 elbows, palm strikes, hammer fist, groin kick and various types of stand up choke defense. Plus straight punches and push kicks and round house kick.

Level2-3- focuses on more ground fighting, weapon defense and dealing with multiple opponents. Plus has a few more combatives but nothing like level 1. Also deals with Bear hugs and hair grabs. Have not started this level yet. Are school level2-3 is combined.
    level4-5 is really mostly all weapons. This is great for Police or military or security. Does have a few take downs and other very advanced combative moves for single or multiple enemies. Most students never reach past level 2 or 3 through. Only few get to level 4/5.

lions2011

level 1- yellow 4-6 months
    level 2- orange 4-6 months
    level 3- green 6 months
    level 4- blue- full year or so.
    level 5- brown- full year

kmman

Its OK to set goals and put a time table together but I think the best way is to try to be better today than you were yesterday. Too often life gets in the way and delays progress which can be frustrating if you are on a calender. If your not at whatever belt by such and such date you might get negged out. Injuries, family, work etc can get in the way.

While its important to set goals its important to be flexible.

bradm

lions,
    I’m not a Krav student now. but, when I did train – for about 4 years level -1 was considered a white belt. Level-2 a yellow belt and level -3 na orange belt. I made it to level-3 and that is what all my certificates read. Maybe the ranking system has changed since my time.

lions2011

To brad.. During your 4 yrs in Krav how long did you stay at each of the 3 levels.. thanks. How often did you attend each level.
    Thanks.

Level 4-5 really covers more weapons than anything but i doubt i will get that far. I want to learn some basic MT next adn some basic BJJ and that is enough for this 35 year old guy.

Lions, I am about the same age as you and I am a training junkie. ( keeping physically fit ) :woohoo:

You ain’t that old enough to be a old timer. :banghead:

I ask you again, what are you gonna do if you come up against a supremely physically fit arabic man well versed in the fighting arts ? :box2:

( Thinking back to the fight scene of Arnold Schwarzenegger with the arabic fighter in the bathroom of the movie called ” True Lies ” )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc1AjDQOzXA

G-d will not let you forget you are a Jewish man. bow1

What if you are visiting Israel with your family and the terrorists breach the wall or cross a jewish settlement and these evil people want to play ” army ” with you or your family ?

Don’t forget what happened to the Fogel family in Israel.

http://www.jpost.com/NationalNews/Article.aspx?id=217047

You step into the ring of life ( Chaim ) and that is Krav Maga. You are expected to be responsible for your family and your responsibility is to the Jewish community. :wav:

Another people may want to take up Krav Maga for fun but for Jewish people like us, This is survival of the fittest. 😎

:soapbox: Soapbox rant over :soapbox:

kmman

Is it me or is there something about the above post that is a little off?

don

I think he’s “highly focused” – i.e. his radar is set to pick up bogeys in a very narrow range. :jerry:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: