Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics How long does it take in KM ?

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    bradm

Re: How long does it take in KM ?

Lions,
    At the time I was a TKD student at an ATA school in Marietta, GA. They had been certified and started Krav Maga while I was out for an injury. When I started back training I checked out the Krav program and loved it. I was in level-1 for about 18 months and was part of the first class that tested for level-2. I can’t remember for ssure, but I think I was in level-2 for a year, maybe a little longer before testing for level-3. After passing to level-3, I trained at that school for a few months and then moved to Kissimmee (Orlando), Fla. I trained in a Krav school for a couple months here, but the training was very bad and I decided to quit and seek other options.

Jewishfitness,
    Talking about old timers, I was in my mid- 60’s when I started training in Krav Maga. I just turned 69 in April.

Also, talking about being in Israel and terriost attacks. I just got back from a 13 day Mediterranean Holy Land cruise. Two ports of call were at Haifai and Ashod (Jerusalem) in Israel. I was at the Western (Whailing) Wall among other many other places there. Security to get to the wall is very tight – a terriost would have a very difficult time getting to it. By the way, what a marvelous country Israel is. I’m so glad I got a chance to visit there.

quote BradM:

Jewishfitness,
    Talking about old timers, I was in my mid- 60’s when I started training in Krav Maga. I just turned 69 in April.

Also, talking about being in Israel and terriost attacks. I just got back from a 13 day Mediterranean Holy Land cruise. Two ports of call were at Haifai and Ashod (Jerusalem) in Israel. I was at the Western (Whailing) Wall among other many other places there. Security to get to the wall is very tight – a terriost would have a very difficult time getting to it. By the way, what a marvelous country Israel is. I’m so glad I got a chance to visit there.

That is awesome. I hope to visit Israel someday and that is good you are keeping physically fit the best you can. I hope you will find a good krav maga school soon. Maybe you can visit Israel annually. That would be cool. :wav:

Been fighting anti-semities of all kinds my whole life. That is why my radar is on full alert almost all the time.

kmman

quote BradM:

Lions,
    At the time I was a TKD student at an ATA school in Marietta, GA. They had been certified and started Krav Maga while I was out for an injury. When I started back training I checked out the Krav program and loved it. I was in level-1 for about 18 months and was part of the first class that tested for level-2. I can’t remember for ssure, but I think I was in level-2 for a year, maybe a little longer before testing for level-3. After passing to level-3, I trained at that school for a few months and then moved to Kissimmee (Orlando), Fla. I trained in a Krav school for a couple months here, but the training was very bad and I decided to quit and seek other options.

Jewishfitness,

Brad— what are you training in now and what do you find to be the differences both positive and negative to KM?

jacgue36

With a lot of hard work on my part, I passed my green belt test (level 3) after about 9months. Currently working on the blue belt curriculum. I train in class 2-3 times per week and do a lot on my own. I hope this helps.

Jacob

bradm

KMMAN,
    As far as training in self defense or MA, I’m not at this time. (Hoping for a good school to open close to me, I’ve been waiting for 5 years – see no hope in the future). When I stopped KM I did train in another system which I liked. However, there has been much controversy on this forum in regards to that system. So, I’d rather not discuss it here – don’t want to get it started again.

As for keeping physically fit, I live in an active adult (active the operative word) community with two great fitness centers and all sorts of activity. Three days a week I do a hard workout for about 3 hours (cardio, physical, and abs). The rest of the week I do Tai Chi, play tennis, abs attack class once a week and cardio kick boxing once a week. On the eight day I rest 🙂

As for positive and negative about KM. Well it’s mostly all positive. The biggest concern I have is that KM does not teach weapons defense earlier than it does. but, that has been dicsussed at length her also. So I choose not to open that can of worms either. Keep training in KM – you can’t go wrong.

lions2011

to jewish..

When do you start your KM trainning ???
    What other martial arts have you done in the past.

I guess I will be starting my MT training next month.I am going to do 2 days of MT along with my 3 days of Krav maga.
    I hope my body can handle it because my mind can.:tantrum:

Lions, may want to rethink your schedule. You’ll burn out real quick like at that pace unless you work up to it. Training more often doesn’t always equal better, for the mind or the body.

Lions, as soon I can get an apartment and settle down ( boxes un-packed etc. )

I had done karate in high school. Never moved up the belt ranks because I was always moving around a lot.

You might want to slow things down at first with your p.t. regimen so your body does not go into shock ( body gets really sore and refuses to do any more p.t. )

It is great that your mind is motivated for the martial arts but listen to your body.

People who do excessive p.t. regimens are super-fit.

They got their start doing things at a slow & steady pace as their body strength matched what is in their minds then they took it from there becoming super-fit.

If you become a training junkie, you will really have to listen to your body and know when to stop.

Look at the statement Tactical Timmy made and meditate on that. Remember slow and steady wins the race to become physically fit.

lions2011

I agree , I do not train if my body is too sore or tired.
    I am looking at Krav 3 times per week and MT twice a week.

right now I am doing krav on average 3 times per week.
    So that is another 2 hours only but still a lot for a skinny 35 year old man lol.

lions2011

to J.fitness.
    I think all JEWS should learn Krav maga. They do in Israel but not in the USA. Only Jews I have seen in self-defense is TKD which is too bad. Krav is far better system in every way.
    If any jews do play sports it is always either golf or Tennis.

damn I was good tennis player in H-S.

don

Call me eccentric but I’d like to see EVERYONE be better at protecting themselves and/or their loved ones…

Concur!

I concur too.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: