Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics How long does it take to get a Black Belt in Krav Maga?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    sexybaldman

Thanks guys for the repsonse. I am not usually hung up on rank and I was having a bad day that day I posted. So when I saw that on the NTC website, I was like WTH. It is just frustating doing the same technique over and over and over again.

usnavy-233

Re:

quote \”SexyBaldMan\:

Thanks guys for the repsonse. I am not usually hung up on rank and I was having a bad day that day I posted. So when I saw that on the NTC website, I was like WTH. It is just frustating doing the same technique over and over and over again.

Maybe if you stop falling on the ground in the fetal position every time someone starts to get aggresive with you, you would be testing sooner! 😉

BTW, You missed a good ADV LVL 1 class on Monday. It wound up just me and one other guy that is already a LVL 2 practioner. We spent forty minutes just walking through everything again, \”double checking\” all the fundamentals. Are you going to be in on Thursday?

sexybaldman

Re:

quote \”usnavy_233\:

quote \”SexyBaldMan\:

Maybe if you stop falling on the ground in the fetal position every time someone starts to get aggresive with you, you would be testing sooner! 😉

BTW, You missed a good ADV LVL 1 class on Monday. It wound up just me and one other guy that is already a LVL 2 practioner. We spent forty minutes just walking through everything again, \”double checking\” all the fundamentals. Are you going to be in on Thursday?

hahah at Fetal position.

I will be at the advanced level 1 class tonight. and taking off Thur and Fri before the test. Probably just to stretching and light shadow boxing on those days…

btw – I got some E-fule from a running store in Springfield yesterday. U want me to bring you some on Saturday if you don’t have any?

usnavy-233

\”btw – I got some E-fule from a running store in Springfield yesterday. U want me to bring you some on Saturday if you don’t have any?\”

I’m good, thanks. I still have some. BUT, you may want to try some either tonight or tomorrow to make sure 1) you like the flavor and 2) it doesn’t have any sort of adverse affect on your system. It shouldn’t, but it’s just a good idea to try out a new product BEFORE you need it. I won’t be able to make it tonight, but I’ll be in Thursday. See you Saturday!

gerry

If you click this link, it gives you all the details of
    the proper belt system in Krav Maga…

http://kravmagaisraeli1.ybay.co.il/data/Belts_Ranking/Belts_Ranking.asp?mCatID=1029

Remember though systems link Muay Thai, have no belts and very simple technique, and a Muay Thai guy would had a KM guy his butt on a plate within seconds.

kravjeff

Interesting … I thought I’d found all of the KM websites but I hadn’t seen this one …

What’s with the Muay Thai comment?

Re:

quote \”Gerry\:

Remember though systems link Muay Thai, have no belts and very simple technique, and a Muay Thai guy would had a KM guy his butt on a plate within seconds.

🙄 Nonsense.

Re:

quote \”Gerry\:

Are you kidding??? 😯

ryan

\”a Muay Thai guy would had a KM guy his butt on a plate within seconds.\”

What a ridiculous statement this is. Systems don’t fight, people do. Besides, the goals of these systems are quite different, so the reference is ludicrous on many fronts.

kravmdjeff

Gerry, how many KM guys do you know???

lemarteau

Re:

quote \”Ryan\:

\”a Muay Thai guy would had a KM guy his butt on a plate within seconds.\”

What a ridiculous statement this is. Systems don’t fight, people do. Besides, the goals of these systems are quite different, so the reference is ludicrous on many fronts.

yeah but there’s like all these muay thai dudes on ufc and stuff and how many krav guys do you see on ufc and that proves that a muay thai guy would kick a krav guy’s butt in a street fight

😉

glenngordon

LeMans….

When’s the last time you’ve had a thumb buried knuckle deep in your eye?

bradm

\”yeah but there’s like all these muay thai dudes on ufc and stuff and how many krav guys do you see on ufc and that proves that a muay thai guy would kick a krav guy’s butt in a street fight
    \”

Absolutly not true. I’ll give Mauy Thai all the credit it’s due, it’s awesome. But, the UFC is made up of many other Martial Arts besides Mauy Thai: Judo, jujitsu, boxing, karate, TKD, wrestling, street fighters, and many others. That’s why they call it Mixed Martial Arts. There is no one style that is dominent in the UFC as it is today. Early on BJJ was king (Joyce Gracie), but no longer. UFC fighters have learned that they have to be versital in various styles, stand-up and ground, if they want to be successful in the UFC.

Krav fighters in the UFC has been discussed on the forum before. As I understand it, Krav’s goal is self defense not MMA fighting. However, I bet there are UFC fighters out there that have been exposed to Krav.

la-revancha

Hey, baldy:

It depends, just like in any other rank and file.

I’m on schedule to get mine early next year (GOD WILLING 😮 ). My first instructor in Chatsworth got his earlier this year. So from my small, statistically insignificant pool of x=2, I would say the average time is five years, +/- 1.5

The MT comment is funny!! I know a couple of MT instructors ’round here who would probably laugh at that comment.

\”Systems don’t fight, people do.\”

I may have to add that to the sig.

donbruns

Re:

quote \”LeMarteau\:

yeah but there’s like all these muay thai dudes on ufc and stuff and how many krav guys do you see on ufc and that proves that a muay thai guy would kick a krav guy’s butt in a street fight

😉

I think LeMarteau was just being ironic. Hence the wink.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: