Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics How to defend the BUM RUSH?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Re:

quote \”Kravi\:

I’ve only tried this in training, but a small step to the
    side and a hard kick to the pubick bone seems to work just fine.

It will make your oponent bend over and you have enough time
    for wat ever you want to do next.

This has some possibilities but again would require some precise timing IMHO. I am thinking either the defensive front kick or stepping in using a stick defense type technique. I think I would want to get inside asap and start using elbows and knees.

kurtuan

A well placed jab is an effective way to take the momentum out of an advancing opponent…

esco

i’ve also seen alot of mma fights where the guys defend against shoots and take downs with sprawls. not exactly the same, but kind of similar. don’t know how effective this would actualy be against a full on bum rush since the force or push of the impact in real world scenario could be much greater. remember the fighters get weighed in for a reason, in real life you could have a 300 lbs gorilla charging a 160lbs …mouse? also they have more room to get velocity going rather than being confined to a ring, cage, or mat.

clfmak

Sprawling can work on a larger opponent, but I suppose someone strong enough could still manage to take you down- it would be really awkward, though. Keep in mind that sprawls work best against sloppy takedowns, and whenever I’ve seen a double leg attempted in a real fight- its been sloppy- telegraphed and bent over at the waist. But it wouldn’t be too out of the ordinary to encounter someone with a decent takedown.

anonymous

I’ve noticed in training/sparring that if I go against a bigger guy (about 150%-200% my body weight or above) that he is easily able to continue driving me back when I attempt to use the sprawl. If my arms are on his shoulders, my legs back, he is usually able to stand back up. If my upper body is on his back, my legs get so close to him that he can still grab them and power me to the ground. So, against a much bigger guy, I think stepping to the side may work better (or sprawling initially, then quickly stepping to the side as he keeps coming forward).

In a street fight, if the guy’s head is close enough, one could also consider an eye strike/gouge to drive him back, or maybe twisting the head.

A regular person’s natural instinct would probably be to freeze and just stand there, covering the face as the punches are flying in. That’s why training is so important. Even if you close your eyes and become disoriented, always remember that striking him back is your best bet for stopping the attack. So tuck your chin, cover up, but think offensively and, if nothing else, just throw out some strong counters. They ought to hit something, even with your eyes closed you know he is right in front of you, or else his punches wouldn’t reach you. So punch, elbow, kick, or maybe move in to tie him up. By the way, that Zidane head butt may also work! 😉

When in doubt, there is always the Nike Defense.
    Or the .357 Defense.

😆

psyops

UPPERCUT!

If you see it coming sidestep him. Most people can’t hit a moving target. You can also step back when they are bearing down on you and drive and upper cut into their chin.

Of course you would have to have good timing and a mean punch. This would probably not be that good of an idea if the size difference is significant. Front kicks or a low round kick (bail out) would be effective.

kirsten

I always thought the \”bum rush\” was something drunk guys did to us ladies in bars. You know, smack you in the \”bum\” when you walk by… seriously. 😳

Now I know! Thanks for the insight.

anonymous

Those drunks probably feel pretty bad about the smack, once you flash your badge at them. 😳 😆

kirsten

Who said I was offended… LOL! 😉

kravronny

Legs longer than arms or should be. If yours arent then youve got bigger problems.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: