Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics How to get a REAL Krav maga instruction?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    pinkgloves

Re: How to get a REAL Krav maga instruction?

Perhaps I should add to my original post so that you don’t think I replied purely out of emotion. I don’t know your background or what system(s) you’ve trained in. To be honest, I don’t care. I truly believe there is a Krav Maga mindset. You either have it or you don’t. That applies to both men and women. I’ve been fortunate to train in several gyms both in the US and abroad, and in each one, the women have had exemplary dedication and work ethic. They work every bit as hard as their male counterparts and will often push on long after the men have grown tired or lazy. While I commend you for wanting to learn Krav Maga, perhaps you should try classes before pigeonholing an entire group of people.

bear34

quote PinkGloves:

Perhaps I should add to my original post so that you don’t think I replied purely out of emotion. I don’t know your background or what system(s) you’ve trained in. To be honest, I don’t care. I truly believe there is a Krav Maga mindset. You either have it or you don’t. That applies to both men and women. I’ve been fortunate to train in several gyms both in the US and abroad, and in each one, the women have had exemplary dedication and work ethic. They work every bit as hard as their male counterparts and will often push on long after the men have grown tired or lazy. While I commend you for wanting to learn Krav Maga, perhaps you should try classes before pigeonholing an entire group of people.

Pretty much what I said in a post the moderator deleted. I guess you said in nicer.

friendly

quote PinkGloves:

You keep saying this but that is exactly what you are doing.

I may be smaller than you, but I am neither weak nor vulnerable. That holds true for just about every woman I both train and train with. I say most because I have one student who is incredibly small. However, her foot is still stronger than your balls.

You say your not responding out of emotion but appealing to a logical side of things yet your not Takeing fact into account. Being smaller is nearly the same thing as being more vulnerable, and yes there are vulnerable areas on men aswell as female but if you do need to rely on a single area ( male genitalia) in order to equal yourself then you still have lost.

I’m not saying there are not some women that I have found in my work that work just as hard if not harder than men I have worked with, but the fact remains there just always isn’t as many. Endurance aside the mental side of things come into play, using Pink Gloves post as an example whereas I’m posting evidence and my experience in training with both male and female partners, she seems to still want to make this into a sexist arguement, and seems to want to attack me personally rather than give logical arguments, most women can not separate emotional from logical, if you don’t believe me I can refer you to valid sources and a few papers written by honored biologists. This idea mainly takes into account that the two hemispheres are not separated and communicate in a different way, it’s actually quite interesting.

Once again for anyone who is following this I’m not trying to make this into a sex arguement, which I’m sure generates a hell of a lot of emotion, I don’t want anyone’s feelings to be hurt etc.
    I’d like it to be noted that there are a few ‘weak links’ within every demographic that can make a negative opinion about the whole, both ale and female have their best and worst.

maddogmean

The great thing about the system is that anyone can do it. I can understand where you’re coming from to some degree. I may be a bit more aggressive with my combatives on male partners than females. But I also don’t want to negatively effect their training by taking it easy either. I make sure that I try to make attacks as real as possible for females while maintaining safety. It’s a balance. I guess I feel like I’m not only committed to my training, but also the training of my fellow students by being a good partner as well as a good student. By partnering with female students, you can give them a more realistic experience that can better prepare them for the real life. Sounds like you’re under a tight schedule, so this may not applicable.

wds2

I think everyone needs to give Friendly a break as I’m of a similar mindset.
    There could be some benefits of training with males with supersized egos that are sound-minded and physically able, and yes I have sparred with arrogant men before in my training, and there has been times where I was glad having such a egotastic and tough partner. However, this is not always the case, I have also had way overcompensating male partners for example, be training, working on a move, most likely a throw, and then suddenly something happens and they become quickly and visibly upset, and make it into a dominance session. This is the case for quite a few men with oversized egos, and some smaller or shorter males, because they are often weaker, more vulnerable and this makes them uncomftorable, leading to higher agressiveness to compensate, this is called ‘Little mans syndrome’ and is more common for males with hilariously inflated imaginations of self importance but I have seen it in females as well first hand. Once again, I’m not trying to demean any sex, just noting evidence I have seen in my time training.

Thank you and good night.

catapult

Friendly, you keep saying it’s not about sex but YOU framed it that way, no one else did. You could have simply said you have limited time and don’t want to train with weak and/or small partners but you didn’t.

If you want to control who is in the class, private lessons are the only option. Expect the hourly rate to be about the same as a month of regular classes.

PS — I don’t know your training or physical capabilities but my money’s on Pink Gloves in a street fight. I’ll bet she’d make you whimper like a little girl. :D:

friendly

quote MadDogMean:

The great thing about the system is that anyone can do it. I can understand where you’re coming from to some degree. I may be a bit more aggressive with my combatives on male partners than females. But I also don’t want to negatively effect their training by taking it easy either. I make sure that I try to make attacks as real as possible for females while maintaining safety. It’s a balance. I guess I feel like I’m not only committed to my training, but also the training of my fellow students by being a good partner as well as a good student. By partnering with female students, you can give them a more realistic experience that can better prepare them for the real life. Sounds like you’re under a tight schedule, so this may not applicable.

This makes a lot of sense, thankyou. So from what your saying I can expect partner rotations frequently? If so then that would be very good for me.

friendly

Well, thankyou everyone for the responses, I have reached a conclusion and despite a few replies that were rather illogical and untasteful I have received some valuable insight to make an informed descision, thankyou.

idbl-fanatic

quote Friendly:

This makes a lot of sense, thankyou. So from what your saying I can expect partner rotations frequently? If so then that would be very good for me.

I too was inclined to “take it easy” on the females at first, I am 6’2 250 lbs, and when I was sparring against a woman that was maybe 5’1 130 lbs, I held back, and still do, but like what was said before, I don’t want to impact their training, so I try to make it as real as possible without over doing it, fact of the matter is, you don’t have your choice of attacker in the real world. So would it help you? Yes I feel that it would.

In our class, we will go maybe 2 or 3 – 5 min rounds, then switch partners.

idbl-fanatic

Oh, one more thing, one of our instructors is female, I would say 5’9 150 lbs, and she scares the crap out of me. LOL

friendly

quote catapult:

Friendly, you keep saying it’s not about sex but YOU framed it that way, no one else did. You could have simply said you have limited time and don’t want to train with weak and/or small partners but you didn’t.

If you want to control who is in the class, private lessons are the only option. Expect the hourly rate to be about the same as a month of regular classes.

PS — I don’t know your training or physical capabilities but my money’s on Pink Gloves in a street fight. I’ll bet she’d make you whimper like a little girl. :D:

Well I don’t think talking about personal training of capabilities over the anonymous Internet will amount to much. And I’m sorry if I have offended you or anyone else on this forum I was merely replying to other replies.

Something about this is just rubbing me the wrong way. Even among grunts I’ve never seen someone go so far to avoid having female training partners.

friendly

quote TacticalTimmy:

Something about this is just rubbing me the wrong way. Even among grunts I’ve never seen someone go so far to avoid having female training partners.

Believe me, If I had the time I would not have a problem with it, it’s just that I’m on a time schedule and it would hinder my progress.

quote Friendly:

Believe me, If I had the time I would not have a problem with it, it’s just that I’m on a time schedule and it would hinder my progress.

This whole thread is about the problems you’d have with it. Which country’s military are you here for? I’m assuming you’re at or close by NAS JRB Ft Worth, or another base close to Dallas if you have military obligations.

friendly

quote TacticalTimmy:

This whole thread is about the problems you’d have with it. Which country’s military are you here for? I’m assuming you’re at or close by NAS JRB Ft Worth, or another base close to Dallas if you have military obligations.

No I’m not currently in any base, I’m living in a civilian locale currently. I am employed with a private contracting agency and for security reasons I’m sure you understand why I don’t want to discuss specifics.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: