Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics How to work out with Krav in mind…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    ali

Re: How to work out with Krav in mind…

quote jburtonpdx:

“If you are not tired you can do some sit ups. Keep moving. We are starting in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1… 4 etc…”

When it gets quiet, I can hear Bas in the background….

Its great (read:painful) to do from the ground. Have your training partner in the mount with focus mits.

“Don’t sit down. If you are a tough guy, you can jump up bring your knees to your chest. Do it 10 times. If you’re still not tired, make 15 times. Remember: move your body. With every punch, move your body”

I do Bas 5 days a week. It’s a great workout – and you do start to hear him in the background…

The boxing disc is good, and the Thai boxing one is great as well – adding in the kicks will really step up the workout.

Never tried it from the ground position, I usually do my non-class workouts by myself. Nice suggestion, though!

-Ali

la-revancha

quote Jay99:

Does that power yoga DVD work if you have never really done yoga?

I never really did any yoga before this DVD either. Tried several different variations; my ex-girlfriend had stacks of yoga DVDs, but none appealed to me.

It may help to have someone with a little background do it with you the first time so you can watch them.

I suggest the tone workout (#2). I can do 14 rounds of Bas’ 3 min thaiboxing tape, I can randori/roll pretty hard for an hour plus, but after the 45 minutes of workout 2, I’m ready for a nap.

stevetuna

All right, Christian, I’m sold. I just ordered the DVD. I’ll let you know how it goes!

la-revancha

Good times, Steve. Your hips/piriformii will hate you for about 2 weeks. Don’t forget to breathe.

AND DON’T NEGLECT YOUR CROSSFIT OR KETTLEBELLS, FOLKS!

stevetuna

Pardon the island boy’s ignorance, but tell me about Crossfit…

garddawg

Excuse me, but may I be of help here?

stevetuna

Thank you, Garddawg – I’m sure I’ll be sending you a PM or two with questions!

garddawg

Steve,
    CrossFit is a strength and conditioning system built on constantly varied, if not randomized, functional movements executed at high intensity. Email away. Happy to answer any questions you have. It’s…. kind of my job.

rq

Is the bas rutten dvd something you can do in your living room or do you need a bag and gym equipment?

leejam99

you can do it in your living room by your self. or on a bag, or with a partner with Thai pad.

its basically an audio track that you play. its a hell of a workout.

Most of us(instructors) here at NTC-SO use it on a regular basis when we do our own workout.

marcus-kowal

Love all the information above! I’d like to make one comment: what are your ultimate goals? Health? Gain? lose? DirtyhippieUte made a good point: Simple Maths: Eat more calories than you burn and you’ll gain weight and vice versa. However, although 3000 calories is 3000 calories, the statement isn’t 100% correct. Different intakes will have different effects on your body. Each molecule of sugar, for example, binds 2 molecules of water. Thus, you’ll gain more weight (although water weight) if you eat more carbs vs. protein.
    When I diet, I can easily lose 15-17 in a 4-5 weeks. Healthiest? no. Most effective (e.g. in energy savings, etc)? Yes. By superhydrating & “supersodiumating” (is there such a word?), I will draw every oz of water off my bodythat I don’t need. Thus different from dehydrating myself. I had tremendous help from Swedish Fitness Pro Pauline Nordin (http://www.paulinenordin.com), who is a nutrition guru!

jay99

Thank you for the link, Marcus. And thank you to everyone that has taken the time to post a reply.

My goal is to try and get the most out of the time I spending working and out and develop better strength and endurance (as it applies to Krav). What I mean is, I don’t necessairly want to run a marathon or wrap a tape measure around my biceps to impress the ladies. I just want to make my ideal body weight , which seems to be about 180 – 185, as strong and fast as I can. I hope that makes sense.

garddawg

Just throwing this out. Cardiorespiratory endurance, stamina, strength, power, speed, flexibility, agility, accuracy, balance, and coordination: you’re as good as your weakest link.

Most workout programs do not address all ten physical skills, and yet easy to imagine a sceanrio where a deficeit in any one area can cause the loss of a game, fight, or life.

kravmdjeff

Garddawg…just for a clarification…grains like bread go under starch? Or do they go under seeds?

garddawg

KravMDjeff,
    Pesrsonally, I eat very little bread and advise the people I train to do the same.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: