Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Human Weapon Marine Corps

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    giant-killer

Hey, Mike, with the German!! 😀

It just means doing something in the most complicated way possible, as opposed to the easiest way possible. So, instead of stabbing a person directly in the eye (if that was your intention), you’d stab him from behind, through his chest and from there into the eye, which would make little sense. So, if someone does something in a very complicated manner, it would be comparable to that kind of silly way of stabbing someone, instead of doing it in a more direct, practical way.

Okay, that probably still gets lost in translation, but it’s a fun analogy if you are German. 🙂

mike-g

I got the jist of it ..just in translation it was like from behind in the chest in the eye which was verwirren auf englisch.

giant-killer

Sorry, didn’t mean to be confusing. Didn’t know we had German speakers. Well, at least I didn’t trash people, thinking I was safe… 😳 😆

So, do you speak German well? Where did you learn it? Army?

mike-g

My Great Grandparents emigrated from Germany. My grandmother was born here but spoke German. She taught my Mother growing up and my Mom taught me when I was a kid. My Mom still speaks it fluently because she had to use it growing up in order to talk to her Grandparents as they spoke very little English and was exposed to actually using more on a regular basis than I was. She taught me because she wanted me to learn a second language. I used to be able to speak it more fluently but as I don’t get to use it that much anymore I forget. I may forget how to say a word if I’m speaking it but if somebody else is speaking it I will remember what the words mean even if I haven’t used it in a while….If that makes sense..

Where did you learn German?

giant-killer

Where did I learn German? In Germany, where I was born and raised. It’s my first language. English is only my second one. I also speak Spanish (third), but not as well as English. Then there are the two dormant ones, French and Italian. I used to be able to speak them okay, but as I haven’t used them in many years, I’d be a bit tongue-tied if I had to have a conversation in either one of them right now. I can read them well, though, so I know what you mean, about recognizing words, but sometimes not being able to come up with them yourself. The good news is, once you have learned a language, you never truly forget. You don’t have to learn it all over again, just read a bit in the language, go over some rules and you should remember relatively quickly and get back into it.

If you want to ever brush up on your German by the way, get an electronic dictionary. Franklin has one with over 2 million entries, also sample sentences, grammar list etc, it’s really helpful for looking up words quickly. Just an idea.

Also, bis dann. 🙂

mike-g

bis wann? ahora? Estoy intentando intencionalmente confundirle ahora durch zwischen schalten Espanol y Deutsch. Espanol aprendio sobre todo en el Ejercito. Es mas duro que piense en Espanol als auf Deutsch, das ist warum ich deutsches besseres sprechen kann. Ich wettete, daB die leute im Forum denken \”was das bumsen?\” lol
    Wie was sehen sie aus? ich bin gerade neugierig, nun da ich weiB, daB Sie deutsch sind. Gerade falls Ihr wundernich verwendete ein B fur ein Eszett wegen der keyboard. I guess I could use fs but I’m lazy.

Auf Wiedersehen

giant-killer

Dude, that sounds like Esperanto. 😯 Qu’est-ce que ca veut dire? Non capisco niente. Leider verstehe ich nur Bahnhof hier. Porque te gusta tanto confundirme? Pero bueno… Mazel tov. 😀

mike-g

Ich gebe oben. Ich schatze, der Franzosisch und Italiener in der ersten linie ist. Ich verstehe nicht ein wort von dem. Ich erlerne Hebraer zwar. Ich bin der Mann. Gehen sie voran und sagen sie es und laden sie mein ego auf..lol…wenn sie verstehen konnen, was ich schreibe weil ich sachen falsch buchstabieren konnte.

giant-killer

Was ist denn das fuer ein Quatsch mit Sosse?

Ja, das waren Franzoesisch und Italienisch. Hebraeisch kann ich nur ein paar Worte, darum zaehlt es nicht. Aber ich kann Daenisch und Hollaendisch einigermassen lesen, da es sehr aehnlich ist wie Deutsch. Und Portugiesisch ist wie Spanish, das geht auch ganz gut. Ordem e Progresso!

mike-g

Nah Portuguese is more like mixing French and Spanish together. My Grandfather was Portuguese. I know when he was young he could speak it because his parents and grandparents spoke it, but I never heard him speak a word of it.

giant-killer

Portuguese is much more like Spanish than French. I can read it okay, because I know Spanish, but I don’t recognize much French in it. Also, the version spoken in Brazil is a bit different from the one spoken in Portugal.

mike-g

Getting back on track about MCMAP. Here are some Marines in Iraq doing it ala Rex Kwon Do style.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f26_1188663845

unstpabl1

Re:

[quote:e87daa5313=\”mike_g\”]Getting back on track about MCMAP. Here are some Marines in Iraq doing it ala Rex Kwon Do style.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f26_1188663845[/quote:e87daa5313]

😆 good find

raneman

Very nice to see USMC updated their H2H combat style. We used the old LINE system when I was in. While some of the moves might not make sense just remember the H2H combat style in the USMC is tailored to be used on a battlefield where you will not have the mobility and will also probably have an additional 80-100 lbs of gear on you. In LINE the object was to be able to kill(not disable) an attacker with 6 seconds and the USMC kill ratio design is for 6-7:1.

Sometimes I miss the old swarm training of LINE tbh lol. 😯

Pete

Makes me wonder what Real Military Krav Maga actually looks like. That would be some pretty scary stuff. 😯

Good MCMAP techniques, Probably best reserved for wartime use. 8)

Some of these techniques could land you in prison big time, even if you did this in self defense in the civilian world. 🙁

Military hand to hand techniques are always good to know, Learn as much as you can then pray and hope you don’t have to take that drastic of a self defense measure. Live life as a good man to the fullest. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: